CP Review - My opinions/Suggestions

• updated
  • Under review

Hi all,

So I've been using CP now for quite a while, and i thought id give my honest opinion of all the parameters to maybe start a conversation on what is required and what is not. CP has hit the limit of input parameters, so i feel that everyone should contribute their thoughts to get a better sense of what is required and what isnt.

This is all just my opinion, and i understand that people trade in different styles and might not agree with me.

Lot properties - this is very standard. However, i feel the d'Alembert implementation is not particularly good as it depends on a fixed amount, which you cant factor compounding your account. In my opinion, i think this should be simplified to only increase unit on loss and decrease unit on win. thats all.

Hedge properties - This, in my opinion, is the most important section to change. the current implementation is good, however, i feel it should be considered as one of the other money management tools, like Martin and Anti martin. Namely, i would love to see a zone recovery feature combined with what Martin options are available.  (I had described most of the stuff here: https://forum.communitypowerea.com/communities/1/topics/756-hedge-series). theres alot that can be done here.

Risk per currency - Very useful, however would be much more useful if multisybmol trading is implemented.

Global Account properties - Probably the section on the top of my wishlist to be used. Again, this requires multisymbol implementation to properly backtest. This is probably the most powerful section, that is yet to be used properly.

Period limits - I personally dont use these settings, however, any form of risk management is always good and might be used in certain scenarios.

Volatility for all parameters nominated in points - This is my personally most used section. I use this in all my ideas, as i believe the EA should be dynamic to conform with recent market movements. I would probably stop using CP if this section wasnt here lol.

Active Periods for signal and filters - I personally dont use these settings, however, any form of risk management is always good and might be used in certain scenarios.

Pending entry, StopLoss, TakeProfit, Breakeven - Standard. Required.

TrailingStop - I feel its missing one feature: the ability to trail part of the position. Alot of money management techniques for safe guarding capital would close 50% of the winning trade to book the profit, move SL to breakeven, then lets the second 50% run till trailing stop is hit. This may require overlapping with Partial close.

Martin/Antimartin - Very well implemented, probably the best ive seen out of any EA. If i were to add to it, i would like the ability to test a bi-directional series.

Partial Close - Very useful. But can possibily be linked to trailing stop to close part of winning trades, not only lossing trades.

Individual Order Properties - A nice new addition. Im yet to find a good way to utilize it.

For the rest of the parameters, it a matter of which filters people like to use. Probably a consolidation/removal of unpopular ones would be necessary. If people still want unpopular filter, they can implement it using custom indicators. I personally want an addition of the Kijun-Sen as a type of MA mode.

That's all for now. Sorry for the long post, but i feel we all need to brainstorm to further improve this already amazing EA!

Forex Trader

thanks for your post. i really like recovery zone strategy.

Giamma

I agree with all the points, particularly with the inclusion of Kijun-Sen.

Perhaps a practical approach to comprehend the usage of each function is to establish dynamic polls for each function. (too mch?) This way, we can quickly capture a snapshot of their usage.
By 'dynamic polls,' I mean having a dedicated page with active polls for each function, allowing users to easily add their vote if they are currently using a function or remove their vote if they have stopped using it. Based on data, one could also draw a timeline, for watching how a function is used overtime. From such "photograph" we can raise up discussions about what to remove and what to upgrade.

lytnin

I guess if i were to contribute more, i would like to see a traditional grid trading option (non-martin grids)

Giamma
Quote from lytnin

I guess if i were to contribute more, i would like to see a traditional grid trading option (non-martin grids)

you can already craft a classic grid without playing the marty's dance. Just keep the lot coefficient within the Martingale section turned off.

lytnin
Quote from Giamma

you can already craft a classic grid without playing the marty's dance. Just keep the lot coefficient within the Martingale section turned off.

I have tried doing that with a combination of martin and antimartin, specially with the new individual take profit... However, its still different from setting up a grid of pending orders as i want to have buy/sell or both at each grid step.

jay hu

Agree with all your points.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Thank you for such a detailed post!

1. With a multi-set (multi-symbol) version of the EA we will be able to load settings from a file. We will not be able to optimize them all, but we will no longer have a limit on their number. Perhaps some parameters should remain in the EA settings.

2. We can track the use of parameters. But this requires development, and users will have to allow the EA to connect to the web-site in the terminal settings. Isn't it too complicated? Honestly, I don't believe in pools. Only 20 active users will vote for functions they use.

I don't see much point in tuning the current parameters. Let's jump into a new era ;)
lytnin
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Thank you for such a detailed post!

1. With a multi-set (multi-symbol) version of the EA we will be able to load settings from a file. We will not be able to optimize them all, but we will no longer have a limit on their number. Perhaps some parameters should remain in the EA settings.

2. We can track the use of parameters. But this requires development, and users will have to allow the EA to connect to the web-site in the terminal settings. Isn't it too complicated? Honestly, I don't believe in pools. Only 20 active users will vote for functions they use.

I don't see much point in tuning the current parameters. Let's jump into a new era ;)

I just wanted to start a conversation.. maybe it would spark some new ideas...

i wasn't really looking for something that complex... I approach trading with money management first then whatever signals that improve the odds of wins... For a multi-symbol setup, I just meant having 1 parameter that you can list the symbols to trade... So in my mind, the holy grail would be only one set of parameters and risk management techniques on multiple symbols. That way whatever system you end up with would be a generic system that avoids any curve fitting and works for different markets.. if we had that parameter we can optimize a master setfile and make use of all the global parameters in the optimization.

about tracking the parameter use, i think that crosses the line of complexity and isnt necessary.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from lytnin

I just wanted to start a conversation.. maybe it would spark some new ideas...

i wasn't really looking for something that complex... I approach trading with money management first then whatever signals that improve the odds of wins... For a multi-symbol setup, I just meant having 1 parameter that you can list the symbols to trade... So in my mind, the holy grail would be only one set of parameters and risk management techniques on multiple symbols. That way whatever system you end up with would be a generic system that avoids any curve fitting and works for different markets.. if we had that parameter we can optimize a master setfile and make use of all the global parameters in the optimization.

about tracking the parameter use, i think that crosses the line of complexity and isnt necessary.

I've got your point.

Perhaps we should plan a step-by-step implementation of multi-symbol version for the nearest 1-2 months.