Dynamic Custom Indy (Read Values from .ini file)

• updated
  • Declined

The idea is to load the values of the 5 custom indys from an .ini file.

That this .ini file can be opened with notepad and place the values of each indicator so that CP can later read it and load the values.

The idea is that CP has a combobox where all the indicators that appear in the 3 .ini sections appear

This way, my script would not have to be used to edit the .set file. ( All indicators in one Powershell Tool / CommunityPower EA )

CustomIndy3.ini
CustomIndy2.ini
CustomIndy1.ini

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Satisfaction mark by Ulises Cune 5 months ago

thanks

Add a comment about quality of support you received (optional):

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

I'm not sure I got your idea. Do you want CP to read the parameters from files on the fly?

Ulises Cune
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I'm not sure I got your idea. Do you want CP to read the parameters from files on the fly?

Yes

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Why only custom indicators?

What are the use cases?

It will require EA reload, i'm not sure it is a good idea.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Why only custom indicators?

What are the use cases?

It will require EA reload, i'm not sure it is a good idea.

It will require EA reload, i'm not sure it is a good idea

Yes, I don't see a problem in reloading the EA.

You can have the configuration of "unlimited" indicators in the .ini and that CP can choose "unlimited" Indicators with configuration of each one. This leads to greater convenience in using CP when creating strategies, not having to use external programs to modify the .set file. Save, modify the .set file with the indicator and load it back into the EA.

Ulises Cune

The idea is that the EA reads the .ini file with all the indicator configuration and has a combobox where you can choose the indicators and load the configuration.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I still don't understand how to use this.

What are the use cases?

Ulises Cune

I don't know the possibilities that Metatrader/MQL gives. In the Tester, when loading the EA, is there an event() that can be fired to open a file, read the content and load it into the EA?