Long term optimization

• updated
  • Can't be answered

Hello, I would like to ask you a question. I have seen that you have been doing backtesting since 2017 or 2018 and my question is when I try to do an optimization for more years. Since 2013, for example, the DD has risen a lot. And as a general rule, good optimizations after 5 or 6 years fail. What do you think, is it necessary so many years?

Thank you

Ulises Cune
Quote from jugulonline

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/13639?source=External#description

send email not to telegram

Thank you. I started to program it myself.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

Thank you. I started to program it myself.

I can give you Grammy as a gift and you can send any message to the Telegram.

Or we can add this alert directly to the Grammy.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I can give you Grammy as a gift and you can send any message to the Telegram.

Or we can add this alert directly to the Grammy.

Thanks Andrey!

jugulonline
Quote from Javier Herrera Gomariz

Thanks Ulysses, the truth is that I once closed operations manually trying to upload lots and with reverse operations, but quite badly. It is difficult to optimize the strategy when you already have operations underway. What bothers me is that, in the end, there are very few operations that go wrong over time but destroy the entire strategy.

create a system where you will open trades that do not follow the ongoing trend... where the strategy will cover floating minuses into pluses. In this EA there are things like this, for example Martingale, Hedge, Min Size, Lot Exponent, etc
So learn, in fact, every broker has good ones, some are cunning in playing with slippage spreads and so on...
stay safe and stay healthy