Volatility Filter Enhancement

• updated
  • Completed

Hi All,

So currently we have the option to filter by volatility upper and lower limits, which is great to target specific market movements.

However, i think that adding another mode can alway help and be a bit more flexible than a point value:

1. Compare 2 volatility indicators periods, and trade based on that. For example, if the X-period ATR is higher than a Y-period ATR, then you get a signal to trade.

2. If the second volatility is equal to a coefficient of another. For example, if 0.5X-period ATR is equal to Y-period ATR.

these are just examples, there can be multiple ways to implement this.

Thanks!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

I'll add another mode soon (I already have it) -- allow trade if Volatility is growing (above the MA based on it) / falling (below the MA).

lytnin
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I'll add another mode soon (I already have it) -- allow trade if Volatility is growing (above the MA based on it) / falling (below the MA).

When you say MA, do you mean the indicator period?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I mean Moving Average built on Volatility. Averaged volatility.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

Oh, this feature is available since v2.15 -- https://communitypowerea.com/docs/signals-and-filters#smoothing-filter

But I added another transformation, you can try it with 2.58.1 (will be available soon).

jay hu

Thanks for Andrey add this function. Just test the new 2.58.1 version with OBV volatility smoothing filter, it brings higher win rate but less risk I guess. Please test on your end and help to improve it.

Image 5757

Image 5759

Image 5760

Image 5761

lytnin
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Oh, this feature is available since v2.15 -- https://communitypowerea.com/docs/signals-and-filters#smoothing-filter

But I added another transformation, you can try it with 2.58.1 (will be available soon).

Thanks for this! Ill try it out