Commodities Special Edition - optimised for IC Markets!

• updated

Hi, 

So I have been doing a lot of optimisation testing on exclusively commodities. I went a little mad and tested most metals, on USD and EUR and Brent, Crude and Natural Gas. One major lesson, don't trade manually on Natural Gas with a lot size of 0.5 and IC 500 to 1 leverage unless you want to lost all your money in one trade. Totally messed my testing on it. 

A lot of brute force optimisation was done. Literally test both oscillators on all time frames 4 320 scenarios to go through. All tested for this year only. High drawdown in some cases - yes! Definitely! Great profits? yes. But some would only trade less that 50 times in 8 months, but with 70% + accuracy and good profits. All have optimised stop losses also. I just can't seem to get a good signal on metals like Palladium and Platinum, but gold and silver come out very well! 

I will publish the single tests for you as well to look at. Otherwise, test them yourselves. Again, these only really work well on IC markets. Trying on other brokers -good luck getting any reproducible results. For example if I use these on another demo server like Admiral Markets it just doesn't work.

BRENT.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
BRENT_X0-Nov20.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
GOLD.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
WTI_V0-Nov20.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
XAGEUR.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
XAGUSD.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
XAUEUR.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
XNGUSD.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set
XTIUSD.M5.0101-31082020.ICMARKETS.set

MT version:
EA version:
Symbol:
Commmodities
TimeFrame:
M5 and various - Depends on testing
Kishan Bhatt

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately I am finding this with all the testing I do. I will find a great signal on one, then it's rubbish on others. That's why I always mention the broker. Just something we have to be careful about. Thanks for testing, at least we can say where it doesn't work. Sometimes I feel it is just as important to say what doesn't work as well as what does. And peer reviewing each other's sets is important. 

Sai Pratap

These sets were not giving fruitful results on Octa FX. Better be tested on other brokers as well plz.

Sai Pratap

Thanks for the sets. Let me try with Octa FX and post the feedback. Iam also looking for a good set with XAUUSD.