Drago's Big Candle strategy for XAUUSD with some optimization for 2019 (MT5)

• updated
  • Checked

Drago's Big Candle strategy for XAUUSD with some optimization for 2019 (MT5)

Tell me what you think about it.

XAUUSD Drago Big Candle Optimized for 2019 MT5 M5

MT version:
EA version:
Symbol:
XAUUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Sai Pratap

With 500$, it has blown off the account sir.

With 2000$, below is the result with my broker Octa FX.

drago babnik

XAUUSD trading is problematic due to large fluctuations. Because of this, you need to have a large enough deposit in your account, at least $ 10,000, so it’s best to trade on a micro account. With the set below, you could also trade $ 5,000. You must start with a maximum of 0.01 lot. I suggest you try 1 month on a demo account first.

XAUUSD Big Candle Optimized for MT5 M5

Fabio Campos

Thank you very much!

Sai Pratap
Quote from drago babnik

XAUUSD trading is problematic due to large fluctuations. Because of this, you need to have a large enough deposit in your account, at least $ 10,000, so it’s best to trade on a micro account. With the set below, you could also trade $ 5,000. You must start with a maximum of 0.01 lot. I suggest you try 1 month on a demo account first.

Sure sir. Thanks for advice. :)

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

Thank you! Will be checked.

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from drago babnik

Backtested it and it blows my account no matter what (ICMarkets Raw spread account with 3000$ as test amount). I tested it in real time with 200$ demo account and it went alright... after changing the big candle size setting from 800 to 500. It isn't consistent though as it holds a negative position for way too long in my opinion. Otherwise if optimized even further i believe it could be really profitable. I dropped from 200$ to 26$ on my own and used that configuration to get to 70$ in basically one day. Tested it in real time on XAUEUR and XAUAUD as well and the results are almost the same for XAUAUD. The XAUEUR had more difficulties though.

drago babnik

I am not satisfied with this strategy yet. I have been using it on a real $ 10,000 micro account for 4 months. So far, I have had to intervene manually once with hedging. It is necessary to optimize Spread settings (max current spread), which is different for each broker, so an universal set is not possible. If we solve the hedging of all Martingale open deals at a profit, this strategy could be quite profitable.

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from drago babnik

I am not satisfied with this strategy yet. I have been using it on a real $ 10,000 micro account for 4 months. So far, I have had to intervene manually once with hedging. It is necessary to optimize Spread settings (max current spread), which is different for each broker, so an universal set is not possible. If we solve the hedging of all Martingale open deals at a profit, this strategy could be quite profitable.

I tried it with fixed lot based on a recommendation of a friend of mine who manually trades XAUUSD. Basically starting with 0.05 on a 100/200 cent account until 1000$ where you increase the lot with another 0.05 and so on. I hope you were referring to this as "spread settings". Hedging at a profit I guess it could be done with MACD or Cross MA trigger where it would open an opposite position. Otherwise I'm clueless 

Martin

Hi, for which digit size is the setfile on XAUUSD? 2 (000.xx) or 3 (000.xxx) digits?

drago babnik
Quote from Martin

Hi, for which digit size is the setfile on XAUUSD? 2 (000.xx) or 3 (000.xxx) digits?

This set is for 2 digits  and starts with 0.01 lots.  MT5_GOLDbig candles_5.set