Drago's Big Candle strategy for XAUUSD with some optimization for 2019 (MT5)

• updated
  • Checked

Drago's Big Candle strategy for XAUUSD with some optimization for 2019 (MT5)

Tell me what you think about it.

XAUUSD Drago Big Candle Optimized for 2019 MT5 M5

MT version:
EA version:
Symbol:
XAUUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
drago babnik

Slightly improved variant. Martingale is limited with the Stohastic Channel. It is necessary to change the size of the lot, from 0.003 to 0.0003 per 1000 depending on the broker and number of digits.

MT5_GOLD_Stoch_BigCandle.set

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from drago babnik

Slightly improved variant. Martingale is limited with the Stohastic Channel. It is necessary to change the size of the lot, from 0.003 to 0.0003 per 1000 depending on the broker and number of digits.

MT5_GOLD_Stoch_BigCandle.set

This is the best result I could achieve with this strategy. I used 0.05 per 1000 lot for this test. The one you recommended (0.003/0.0003 per 1000) ended up drowning in deep waters

Brusli Brendanli
Quote from drago babnik

XAUUSD trading is problematic due to large fluctuations. Because of this, you need to have a large enough deposit in your account, at least $ 10,000, so it’s best to trade on a micro account. With the set below, you could also trade $ 5,000. You must start with a maximum of 0.01 lot. I suggest you try 1 month on a demo account first.

XAUUSD Big Candle Optimized for MT5 M5

I actually brought this strategy on a LIVE account and was impressed that it held itself very well. It brought consistent 1.20-1.80 EUR profits for 0.01 lot positions. One drawback though - when the position goes south it doesn't know when to stop. If we can make a correction on it's stoploss settings I'm confident this strategy could be used as a very profitable scalper. Got my account stopped out and deposited 10 EUR which it made into 60 before losing a position and forcing a stopout. 
ICMarkets MT5 1:500 raw spread account that is

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Checked