CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after ZERO)

• updated

CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after ZERO)

Improved set with less DD & improved profit. May please review.

CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after ....set

Image 815

Image 816

CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after FIVE)-Live running now

Image 817

Image 818

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Joschi
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

It was Stop out. Your margin finished, deals were closed automatically.

ok, thanks for the explanation :)

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Joschi

of course i know that i have to risk more for more profit, and i am ready to do so, but my goal is to earn only 100-300 euros per month not to get rich, and this ea is part of my strategy. I did all my tests in mt5, but when I look at the results from my cent account I think that the 28 euro return for 1 year backtest is simply not enough, even if I had started several accounts or with more capital. I also found the results of my test with 250 and 500 euros with 25 leverage to be very promising, as they showed me a profit of almost 300 euros in 3 months, but then there was a deviation in the equity, and I was hoping that the set might still be possible to adjust so that the set  works with small accounts and low leverage. but if that just doesn't work, I'll see if I can find another set that works better for small accounts with little leverage. anyhow thank you very much for your work! But I still have one question because I'm trying to learn;) what exactly does "so 48%" mean? why is he loosing so much just befor the end of test ?

It was Stop out. Your margin finished, deals were closed automatically.

Joschi

of course i know that i have to risk more for more profit, and i am ready to do so, but my goal is to earn only 100-300 euros per month not to get rich, and this ea is part of my strategy. I did all my tests in mt5, but when I look at the results from my cent account I think that the 28 euro return for 1 year backtest is simply not enough, even if I had started several accounts or with more capital. I also found the results of my test with 250 and 500 euros with 25 leverage to be very promising, as they showed me a profit of almost 300 euros in 3 months, but then there was a deviation in the equity, and I was hoping that the set might still be possible to adjust so that the set  works with small accounts and low leverage. but if that just doesn't work, I'll see if I can find another set that works better for small accounts with little leverage. anyhow thank you very much for your work! But I still have one question because I'm trying to learn;) what exactly does "so 48%" mean? why is he loosing so much just befor the end of test ?

Sai Pratap

It may work but not for long.

I have seen a max DD of 6000$, so if moves in single direction, grid set can wash off small account.

So  Grid set is best suited for cent accounts. Actually grid sets were deveoped by Andrey sir to have multiple pairs so that we multiply the small capital and take out the investment. So invest 250-500 Euro in a cent account! 

If u want to earn more, u have to risk more! With cent account risk as well as profit will be less.

U r checking with MT4 so I doubt its reliability.

I have tested with MT5 from 2019 onwards and reports are before u. 

Joschi
Quote from Sai Pratap

Grid sets are for cent accounts or normal accounts with 10000$ capital.

But u r testing with 100$. So increase the capital to 10000$(100$ on cent account) and may do the backtest.

hmm, that means that this grid cannot work with a small starting capital like 250-500 euro? because I would actually be very happy if I could turn 250 euro start capital into 600-1000 in 3-4 months, as it would have been possible in this year's backtest right? i also did a test run with a 10,000 cents account, but the results are disappointing, presumably because i can only trade with a small leverage.

But if this set is not suitable for me, is there any set for small capital with little leverage that is working, or do I have to look for a non-EU regulated broker without negative balance protection but 500 leverage to get this ea going? Thanks again for your help! as i said i'm still very inexperienced in the whole matter, and i'm afraid of losing more money than i have invested, but i have to start somewhere, right xD

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Sorry, my bad. I mixed them up myself )

:)

Sai Pratap
Quote from Joschi

more capital is difficult because 500 would be my maximum possible investment. what i don't understand is why does the backtest end in march 2020? should i not have data available until march 2021? my test settings are from 01/01/2020 to 03/29/21, so why does the test just stop? i have tested with different  time periods, and sometimes the ea manages to make a nice curve but stops out hard, and other times it stops in 1st or 2nd month because of the end of test, i just don't understand that

Grid sets are for cent accounts or normal accounts with 10000$ capital.

But u r testing with 100$. So increase the capital to 10000$(100$ on cent account) and may do the backtest.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sai Pratap

How are u saying first screen is worse sir, plz clarify?

It is showing better net profit as well as less DD.

To clarify from my side, first screen is with trailing SL after Zero & second screenshot is with SL after FIVE. Thanks

Sorry, my bad. I mixed them up myself )

Joschi
Quote from Joschi

more capital is difficult because 500 would be my maximum possible investment. what i don't understand is why does the backtest end in march 2020? should i not have data available until march 2021? my test settings are from 01/01/2020 to 03/29/21, so why does the test just stop? i have tested with different  time periods, and sometimes the ea manages to make a nice curve but stops out hard, and other times it stops in 1st or 2nd month because of the end of test, i just don't understand that

edit: I tested again with a fbs account (the results with icm were worse) from 1.1.21. until today (500 eur, 25 leverage) and this is my result:

I think that's a promising start, but why does my equity start to deviate so much from 26.1 forward? which setting could I try to optimize it a little bit?

Joschi