Improvement to LIVE Default Martingale Set - Optimized for Dec to March

• updated
  • Checked

I have worked out for control of DD which happened in the recent past, though at the cost of slight affect on profit.

eur usd default live set with 0.95 Step co-eff.set

Below are the tabulated results for different periods and can be seen that DD has been controlled well over long run as well. Hope this helps the community.May please review and take it live.

Image 932

Below are my backtest results

eur usd default live set with 0.95 Step co-eff

Image 933

Image 934

Image 935

Image 936

eur usd default live set (with 0.75 Step co-eff)

Image 937

Image 940

Image 941

Image 942

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Checked

It is not hard to avoid DD on the history... But the question is — how this set will work in the future?

It is bad idea to optimize parameters using the latest history. Make your sets on the earlier history and then check them on the last months.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

It is not hard to avoid DD on the history... But the question is — how this set will work in the future?

It is bad idea to optimize parameters using the latest history. Make your sets on the earlier history and then check them on the last months.

Yes sir.

But I optimized for only for recent past and I checked how the set performs over the past 2 years and found that DD has been controlled well. Not the other way round i.e not optimized for entire two years.

Anyways there is no way we can check for future except for forward testing for next 3 months. Let me try to do it by taking it live. Thanks for the feedback.

Ocxy Codine

CP_MT4_M5_eur usd default live set with 0.9....set

A small adjustment to the original settings by Sai but on MT4 with some chart errors gave a little lower than 17% DD on equity and balance with one year of back-testing for those who use MT4 can explore. This is for EURUSD only!

Martin
Quote from Ocxy Codine

A small adjustment to the original settings by Sai but on MT4 with some chart errors gave a little lower than 17% DD on equity and balance with one year of back-testing for those who use MT4 can explore. This is for EURUSD only!

I think the modeling quality of you test is not good enough to evaluate the result in a correct way. In MT4 you need Tickstory to reach 99,9% quality. In MT5 it is automatically possible when choosing real tick data. 

Ocxy Codine
Quote from Martin

I think the modeling quality of you test is not good enough to evaluate the result in a correct way. In MT4 you need Tickstory to reach 99,9% quality. In MT5 it is automatically possible when choosing real tick data. 

A live chart test has been setup for this week to see the outcome!

Sai Pratap
Quote from Ocxy Codine

Tick quality is not good. Plz do not  believe in this test.

Sai Pratap

Below is the fwd test with my improved set in march april

Below is the live set with fwd test in march april.

Will keep updating with my results. Thanks

Sai Pratap

Below is the fwd test (with my improved set) till date

Below is the fwd test (with live running set) till date

vishal kumar

Can you post Set file.

Sai Pratap
Quote from vishal kumar

Can you post Set file.

It is there in the opening post.