GBPUSD Nemeths Multi Trend Conditions

• updated
Joseph Nemeth is one of the "popular guys" from  the time 10 years ago. The time when the probability was not 99.9% to be a scammer if you present your trading strategy in public.
So after watching the first half of this video
Youtube video

I decided to give it a chance to design the idea in CP.

It is a combination of CCI + MACD + IdentifyTrend + Above/Below MA + Martingale + narrow TP

After running the optimization on 2021 and 2022 (using OHCL) the results seemed too good to be true.

After checking it in more detail they still are but its not the holy grail after all :)

It generalizes well on other years (note: the training range was 2022 January until June) and opens like 20-40 positions per day.

Image 2932

Image 2931

By sharing this set file here, I hope someone can come up with a hedge idea like explained in Nemeths Video at 38:09 

https://youtu.be/DJz4E7VyeSw?t=2289

If the trend on a higher time frame reverts, open a hedge (factor 1.4) and keep it open until everything is in break even or close it when the trend reverts again.If the hedge did not clean up everything in BE, then continue martingale of the original process.

I know it won't be possible to model this 1:1 in CP, but maybe you can build something similar performing hedging after the hard and crazy in this set martingale opens 4 positions.

By the way, I tested it for a week now on real-time demo account.It didnt kill the account but without the hedging idea above, I would only use it on no-news days (and boring days like Mondays and Friday afternoon CET).

Nemeth V1 tiny

btw: the file also contains the optimization settings.

The optimization cache file.

Optim Cache file

Image 2935

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
GBPUSD
TimeFrame:
5m
Sai Pratap

May I ask why did u not check with real ticks and instead chosen OHLC? The result could have been different. I suggest you to check it.

The result you posted is too good to believe. 

I will come up with my backtest result in some time.

Hannes Waser
Quote from Sai Pratap

May I ask why did u not check with real ticks and instead chosen OHLC? The result could have been different. I suggest you to check it.

The result you posted is too good to believe. 

I will come up with my backtest result in some time.

Real ticks crashes often. :) (the optimization was done on ohcl)

I don't plan to use the set file and scaling it to 3^20 :) It needs a hedge mechanism anyway.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Hannes Waser

Real ticks crashes often. :) (the optimization was done on ohcl)

I don't plan to use the set file and scaling it to 3^20 :) It needs a hedge mechanism anyway.

Crash is the truth. :)

But u r just trying to run away from it by backtesting or optimizing with OHCL.

There is no point in it, doing it such way.

Better find a set which works with real ticks.

Hannes Waser
Depends. :)
Its not a fake result. Its an intermediate result. I am very sure, that this can be used as a block for an overall great system.