Ultra Hedge *Beta* - JPow

• updated
  • Running LIVE

Hi Guys,

I´ve been working a new system lately. An ultra hedge system. What does that mean I will explain soon: 

Well, rates are rising globally. This will lead to alot more volatility for forex because it´s getting more interesting to park money in cash. Our martingale system needs to become more well-conceived.So I developed this setup. 

We working with different Phases and the same pairs. What I got so far; 

Pairs are marked as: N = neutral / S = Sell / B = Buy 

Phase 1: CHFJPY (N) / EURCHF (S) / EURJPY (B)

Phase 2: GBPCHF (N) / CHFJPY (S) / GBPJPY (B) 

Phase 3: USDCHF ( N) / EURCHF (S) / EURUSD (B)

Phase 4: EURUSD (N) / USDJPY (S) / EURJPY (B) 

All simple, its just Stochastic who either buys or sells. The (S) part is just reversing the signal. The "N" is the decision maker. So it´s supposed 

to 2 vs 1 (the hedge). 

This backtesting is hard and not really possible so I set up a live signal: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1745827?source=Site+Signals+My

Any suggestions for improvements? Is it possible to connect the the pairs for each phase? ( maybe via the magic number?) So it closes every phase individually. Of course the "Phases" can be expanded to more pairs. 

Anyway here are the sets.

Ultra Hedge.zip ( the magic number need to changed for every pair) 

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
Mulitple
TimeFrame:
M5
Jerome Powell
Quote from lance white

Hey Jerome and MD,

Also trying to understand the Magic Number setup. Are magic numbers supposed to be the same for the three phases of matching pairs?  Or is there some other mechanism at work?

Thanks again Jerome for this.

Regards,

Lance

Hi Lance, 

the function of the magic number is to let the community power EA  know which trade belongs to which setup. So each currency chart needs an individual magic number. At first I though its might possible to connect every phase by using the same magic number but I suppose it does not work like that. So yes every chart of that twelve charts need an individual magic number. 

lance white
Quote from Jerome Powell

Hi Lance, 

the function of the magic number is to let the community power EA  know which trade belongs to which setup. So each currency chart needs an individual magic number. At first I though its might possible to connect every phase by using the same magic number but I suppose it does not work like that. So yes every chart of that twelve charts need an individual magic number. 

Hey Jerome,  Good stuff, thanks for that.  Yes, that's how things are; concept and execution sometimes differ.  I was trying to get my own hedging setup going, but you are really showing the way with this.

Regards, Lance

Jerome Powell
Quote from lance white

Hey Jerome,  Good stuff, thanks for that.  Yes, that's how things are; concept and execution sometimes differ.  I was trying to get my own hedging setup going, but you are really showing the way with this.

Regards, Lance

Thank you Lance!

I mean its a beta for now, lets see how it will survive the next weeks and months and then take it live or not. 

md mijanur rahman
Quote from lance white

Regards, Lance

Dear Lance / Jerome Powel,

Thanks for the good set up. Here is my opinion thats if we set individual magic number for each pair then how can they recognize to each others to protect the account if happing the catastrophic movement ? At least if we use same magic for each pair then they will try to recognize their phase and will do thats.

Its my personal opinion so if i wrong then pls correct me and advice which one will good for us.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply !

Jerome Powell
Quote from md mijanur rahman

Dear Lance / Jerome Powel,

Thanks for the good set up. Here is my opinion thats if we set individual magic number for each pair then how can they recognize to each others to protect the account if happing the catastrophic movement ? At least if we use same magic for each pair then they will try to recognize their phase and will do thats.

Its my personal opinion so if i wrong then pls correct me and advice which one will good for us.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply !

I´d say lets find out. I made a signal using the same magic number for every phase and lets if there is a difference. https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1751812?source=Site+Signals+My 

md mijanur rahman

I am trading two ways by this strategy one is the same magic of all 12 pairs and another one account is phasewise different magic number but both of two account reached to 12% DD on today. 

Whereas, i will try another account different magic numbers of each 12 pairs and will update Insha Allah.

Thanks in advance for your kind collaboration !

----

nttanhtd

Hi Jerome

I have loaded and changed magic per chart but DD is really high, especially USDJPY :

Thank you

Jerome Powell
Quote from md mijanur rahman

I am trading two ways by this strategy one is the same magic of all 12 pairs and another one account is phasewise different magic number but both of two account reached to 12% DD on today. 

Whereas, i will try another account different magic numbers of each 12 pairs and will update Insha Allah.

Thanks in advance for your kind collaboration !

----

Yes I suppose the magic number does not have any influence on the closing and all. But the signal i set up yesterday done better with not that big DD. And thank you for improving that strategy! 

md mijanur rahman
Quote from Jerome Powell

Yes I suppose the magic number does not have any influence on the closing and all. But the signal i set up yesterday done better with not that big DD. And thank you for improving that strategy! 

This is my updated information regarding early message of two accounts which reached big DD both of them. One is same magic of all 12 pairs around 37% and another one is phase wise magic number which around 42%.

Honestly, yesterday and today upto london session EU, GU & UJ moved more than 200 pips thats why happened such a big DD.

So anyone pls any comments regarding this issues.

Today started different magic with all 12 pairs. I will update after few days Insha Allah !!

Thanks, 

----

san takashima

Hello,
I've set my 12 chart with 12 magic numbers on Weds(26th, 5am MT time).
max DD so far is 40.8%.
Demo account is with XMT with 2000x leverage.
Starting equity of $1000.
Currently balance is $1130