Single EMA EURUSD H1 (no martingale)

• updated

Dear Community Members,

I would like to present the EURUSD strategy based on single moving average. The idea is simple, single trade per day, time started at 14:40 GMT and ended 21:59 GMT. Buy, if the price is above the moving average and Sell, if the price is below the moving average. Trailing stop is used. I tested this strategy on Exness Zero account. It is recommended to use brokers with very tight spreads. Adjust your spread and GMT offset according to your broker server.

The Set is back-tested from 01.2017 to Oct. 2022

Initial Deposit: 1000 (0.1 Lots /1000)

Suggestions, comments and improvements are highly appreciated.

results:

EURUSD_MA_11.set

Image 3858

Image 3859

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
H1
Mudassar Rasool
Quote from mel

Unfortunately doesn't work for me. Changed lot size to fixed .01 and broker offset to +2 and kills my account in Feb 2022. I wonder if I need to try a different offset. What is the timezone of your broker?

I used Exness Zero Account. Its GMT is 0.

Chris Tom

Made a Signal with an Roboforex ECN account:

Robo ECN EURUSD Single EMA H1

Chris Tom
Quote from Mudassar Rasool

Hi Ulises,

Thanks for suggestion. I will try and share results any thing new found.

any news on that? 

Samuel Nguyen

This is my backtest with since 01.01.2022.

Look like this set only work best for Exness broker

Exness Zero

Image 4049

Exness Raw Spread

Image 4050

Roboforex ECN

Image 4051

gnarf

Hi, what du you mean with "starts at 14:40 and ends at 21:59". It always enters a trade at 14:40. But it doesn't close it automatically at 21:59. It only closes Trades in profit because of the trailing stop. In negative Trades it gets trapped and can crash your account. 

Is this on purpose? With closing at 21:59 i get rather disappointing results. :-(

Mudassar Rasool
Quote from gnarf

Hi, what du you mean with "starts at 14:40 and ends at 21:59". It always enters a trade at 14:40. But it doesn't close it automatically at 21:59. It only closes Trades in profit because of the trailing stop. In negative Trades it gets trapped and can crash your account. 

Is this on purpose? With closing at 21:59 i get rather disappointing results. :-(

Ended at 21:59 means that if conditions are not true for entry, the session will expire after 21:59. The trade will not execute after 21:59. 

Gregor T.

Hello,

I didn't think the idea of a day trade was that bad. Accordingly, this was my basis at the same time I also added a martingale function.

So I used Startbalance 1000 USD. Feel free to test it and suggest an optimization if necessary.

Testet on Roboforex.

0.15 lots each 1k.

Image 4145

Image 4146

CP_fullAuto_1TradePerDay_EURUSD_1h.set