Gold Strategy - No Indicator

• updated

Strategy uses the new martingale feature using multiple by the distance.

Pure average/martingale price management, not using any indicator.

Backtested on FBS and Exness cents account. Running live since November/2022.

Money Management is:

$ 100 ($10,000 cents) for every Buy set added to chart

$ 150 ($15,000 cents) for every Sell set added to chart

To start I would suggest $ 300 ($ 30,000 cents) with 3 Buy and 2 Sell sets added to a total of 5 charts.

I am currently running live with 10 Buy and 6 Sell charts

https://www.mql5.com/pt/signals/1776732

communitypower v2.50.3 xauusd h1 buy.set
communitypower v2.50.3 xauusd h1 sell MT4.set
communitypower v2.50.3 xauusd h1 sell.set
communitypower v2.50.3 xauusd h1 buy MT4.set

Please let me know your thoughts. 

MT version:
Both MT5 and MT4 set-files available
EA version:
v2.50.3
Symbol:
XAUUSD
TimeFrame:
H1
Sai Pratap

Is it not possible to have this setup in single chart with martingale and antimartingale features?

Just curious to know ur difficulties with such setup.

That would have helped in knowing the backtest report but with this we will not be able to do so except running live.

ferdinand tampubolon

let see it is pass december ?

tq i have a sample with this *_*

Tarso Mastella
Quote from Sai Pratap

Is it not possible to have this setup in single chart with martingale and antimartingale features?

Just curious to know ur difficulties with such setup.

That would have helped in knowing the backtest report but with this we will not be able to do so except running live.

See below Backtest for both the Buy and the Sell on Exness

Yes I use Every tick, since I believe the strategy must survive with small differences on de tick data between different brokers.

Image 3918

Image 3919

Image 3920

Considering cents account, I came into conclusion that for the Buy Set ($7,834 of max dd) I should use $ 10,000 cents ($100) as capital and for the Sell Set ($10,618 of max dd) I should use $ 15,000 cents ($150) as capital.

Answering your question, after 3 year of experience with EAs, for strategies that uses multiplier for martingale, I NEVER increase the initial lot of the setfile, because dd relation in 95% of the cases never follows the same ratio if initial lot is 0.01 or 0.02. In other words, if a set file with 0.01 and $1,000 as capital has a max dd of 30%, probably a set file with 0.02 and $2,000 as capital will not have 30% max dd, it will probably be larger, or even blow the account. So Instead of changing the initial lot, I add one more chart with the same initial lot, I mean I have two charts with 0.01 and a total of $ 2,000 in the account in this example.

This is totally different if the martingale uses sum of lots, in most of the cases when martingale is sum, the ratio dd vs initial lot is respected.

Back to the strategy of this post, with $ 300 (3 Buys and 2 Sells) if you make some math, it will bring an average of 8% per month over a 12-month period.

Samuel Nguyen
Quote from Tarso Mastella

See below Backtest for both the Buy and the Sell on Exness

Yes I use Every tick, since I believe the strategy must survive with small differences on de tick data between different brokers.

Image 3918

Image 3919

Image 3920

Considering cents account, I came into conclusion that for the Buy Set ($7,834 of max dd) I should use $ 10,000 cents ($100) as capital and for the Sell Set ($10,618 of max dd) I should use $ 15,000 cents ($150) as capital.

Answering your question, after 3 year of experience with EAs, for strategies that uses multiplier for martingale, I NEVER increase the initial lot of the setfile, because dd relation in 95% of the cases never follows the same ratio if initial lot is 0.01 or 0.02. In other words, if a set file with 0.01 and $1,000 as capital has a max dd of 30%, probably a set file with 0.02 and $2,000 as capital will not have 30% max dd, it will probably be larger, or even blow the account. So Instead of changing the initial lot, I add one more chart with the same initial lot, I mean I have two charts with 0.01 and a total of $ 2,000 in the account in this example.

This is totally different if the martingale uses sum of lots, in most of the cases when martingale is sum, the ratio dd vs initial lot is respected.

Back to the strategy of this post, with $ 300 (3 Buys and 2 Sells) if you make some math, it will bring an average of 8% per month over a 12-month period.

Hi Tarso,  Thanks for the set, I'm trying your sets now and share any result asap.

Btw, which broker cents account that you think is the best for XAU?

Roboforex, FBS and Exness cents account.

Tarso Mastella

Hello, particularly I run brokers that have direct deposit/withdrawal from my Brazilian Banks, so I am running FBS, Exness and Tickmill. This Gold strategy I am running on Exness Cents (MT4) and also going to run on FBS Cents (MT5) soon.

Argie Abella Bagares

may I clarify? You state 10000 cent for each buy chart and 15000 cent for every sell chart. But in total 30000 for 3 buys and 2 sell charts. should it be at least 60000 cents for the 5 charts? Thanks, I'm testing it in Real account in FBS.

Tarso Mastella
Quote from Argie Abella Bagares

may I clarify? You state 10000 cent for each buy chart and 15000 cent for every sell chart. But in total 30000 for 3 buys and 2 sell charts. should it be at least 60000 cents for the 5 charts? Thanks, I'm testing it in Real account in FBS.

Hello Argie. Interesting question.
My view is that you will never get full DD for both Buy and Sell at the same time. That is impossible on a logic point of view. If you have a medium/large DD on the Buy side. The Sell side will be getting Take Profit with initial lot of 0.01.

I think combining both Sell only and Buy only on the same account it is a method to optimize your capital.

Samuel Nguyen

Hi Tarso, thanks for the set. I have tried to run for more than 2 weeks and it quite nice with very low DD. How do you think if the same strategy apply / combine with Ultra Hedge strategy (idea) for other pairs and it might become a very great one.

Samuel Nguyen

Hi Tarso, quick question. Are you using the different magic number for BUY group and another for SELL group? Or different magic number for each chart?

Tarso Mastella
Quote from Samuel Nguyen

Hi Tarso, thanks for the set. I have tried to run for more than 2 weeks and it quite nice with very low DD. How do you think if the same strategy apply / combine with Ultra Hedge strategy (idea) for other pairs and it might become a very great one.

I see that the Ultra Hedge has a lot of comments on the post, I will dig into that to understand. Thanks for the insight.