Adjustment to Martingale settings on EUR-USD Default setting Set file

• updated
  • Running LIVE

I have made a small adjustment to the martingale settings to try and smooth out, reduce the DD ,and increase profits.

I left the initial step size but reduced the step coefficient and have added another 1 trade

I have run various back test from 1.1.2019 and all looked good.

Obviously by doing this it can increase the sensitivity and make it riskier but currently it seems to have decreased the DD and increased profit.

Would be great to get some additional input if these changes are too risky or if there is a way to improve on this.

Thanks

Set-files updated for version 2.37 (by Andrey):

MT5_EURUSD_M5_DefaultPlusPending A_Martinga....set

MT4_EURUSD_M5_DefaultPlusPending A_Martinga....set

Set-files updated for version 2.30 (by Andrey):

Original set-files (by John):

Image 100

Image 99

Image 98

Image 97

Image 96

MT version:
Both MT5 and MT4 set-files available
EA version:
2.18-2.37
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Kunta Kinte

Thank you very much for this set, i get remarkable results!

I ran about 100 tests yesterday and here is my outcome for now:

In the End the only values i adjusted were TP and SL both to 144 as i don't like to have a TP/SL ratio below 0.

Tested with Version 2.25 and the 2.18 Setfile by Andrey and variable execution delay

Unfortunately about 31% DD, but i couldn't get a Test with the 15% DD like from your first Post. The best DD i got was about 25%. But i'm not done optimizing yet because of missing CPU Power xD

As well a very big Thank you to Andrey for this very well documented Community Project! I'm with you since 2 days and i hopefully can bring valuable contributions to this great community.

How was your expierience on live account in Oct/Nov 2020? Did it go well in the end like in the Strategy tester?
borin yohan
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Why can't you?

I tested it but I want other opinions

borin yohan
Quote from Kunta Kinte

In the End the only values i adjusted were TP and SL both to 144 as i don't like to have a TP/SL ratio below 0.

Tested with Version 2.25 and the 2.18 Setfile by Andrey and variable execution delay

Unfortunately about 31% DD, but i couldn't get a Test with the 15% DD like from your first Post. The best DD i got was about 25%. But i'm not done optimizing yet because of missing CPU Power xD

As well a very big Thank you to Andrey for this very well documented Community Project! I'm with you since 2 days and i hopefully can bring valuable contributions to this great community.

How was your expierience on live account in Oct/Nov 2020? Did it go well in the end like in the Strategy tester?

thanks to you. the EA was not yet with this setting

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Kunta Kinte

Welcome to the community!

You're lucky not to reach 144 points SL. Try previous year, you'll hit it, I guess.

TP 144 points also never reached, I guess. So, you can disable it.

This set is good, but it is still very risky because if martingale.

Will wait for your new ideas!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from borin yohan

I tested it but I want other opinions

Just share your results and we'll check them with pleasure )

borin yohan

Just share your results and we'll check them with pleasure )

I redid all the tests and I was wrong. Sorry

dante tunica

I made some optimizations to the base CP, it seems more linear to me even if the DD remains high. What do you think?

CPcon FIBeVola.set

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from dante tunica

I made some optimizations to the base CP, it seems more linear to me even if the DD remains high. What do you think?

CPcon FIBeVola.set

You added Volatility and Fibo filters and disable pending enter, great.

You avoided some DDs from original set but got the new ones )

But the worst thing is this 4 months pause in trading with only few trades inside:

Seems you optimized it for volatile 2020 only.

Final equity comparison (IC, 2019-2020):

Kunta Kinte

Welcome to the community!

You're lucky not to reach 144 points SL. Try previous year, you'll hit it, I guess.

TP 144 points also never reached, I guess. So, you can disable it.

This set is good, but it is still very risky because if martingale.

Will wait for your new ideas!

Hi! :)

no, it didn't hit SL in 2019, but in 2018. But you are right, TP of 144 almost never gets reached.

I'm happy to say, i'm running CP on 1k live account since 1 week now. Of course with IB Link from Documentation.

I got 3 new Sets for you now. Unfortunately i couldn't get Martingale out of that Strategy without cutting the wins so i decided to just shift the Risk a bit. Screenshots are for backtest time 2019/20 for all 3 Sets. All tests were done on ICM Raw Spread Live account.

I also observed that TDI seems to just cut a lot wins and increases DD, so i deceded to just drop TDI. I couldn't find another setting to see Trendchanges earlier yet, but it seems it's just not needed. Besides that all other settings are Moneymanagement related.

1.) This Set has double initial Lotsize, but lower Martingale Risk. As well there are some other changes to MM. Tested with 1:100, 200ms execution Time.

cp_mt5_eurusd_m5_defaultpluspending a_marti....set

2.) This Set has 5% Risk per Trade, but even lower Martingale Risk. As well 1:100, 200ms execution Time.

cp_mt5_eurusd_m5_defaultpluspending a_marti....set

3.) I run this set live. 1:25, 200ms execution Time. As well MM changes.

My_EUREG_CP_MT5_EURUSD_M5_DefaultPlusPendin....set

Please let me know what you think! :)

dante tunica

Trying the live demo set I noticed that with accounts over € 50000 the exposure and the relative DD is very high. You always risk too much. Once a certain substantial gain has been reached, the gains and risks should be reduced. The calculation 0.01 x 1000 on paper would be correct, but it would be better to be able to reduce it as equity increases. what do you think about it?