Migrate Settings file 2.30 to 2.31 Version

• updated

Hello Community.

I have created a new version where I correct some errors.

The file is a powershell script. It is executed in the following way.

Open a command line "cmd.exe" and write

powershell.exe -file ". \ Convert_2.30_to_2.31.ps1" EURUSD-v2.30.set

Convert_2.30_to_2.31.ps1

Can be used to migrate other versions

Douglas Hoffmann

It worked out!!! Thanks

Gulm Veriine
Quote from Douglas Hoffmann

It worked out!!! Thanks

please share ready setfile

Jerome Powell

Hey I try to migrate a 2.31 file to 2.41. I did it like its discribed. when I try to run the set it says: " tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code 1" that only happens with older versions. can someone help please?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Jerome Powell

Hey I try to migrate a 2.31 file to 2.41. I did it like its discribed. when I try to run the set it says: " tester stopped because OnInit returns non-zero code 1" that only happens with older versions. can someone help please?

2.31 should work on 2.41 EA

Which set do you try to use?

Jerome Powell
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

2.31 should work on 2.41 EA

Which set do you try to use?

the error was my mistake i´m sorry, now i dont get it anymore, but the result is very different to the result they postet although same history 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Jerome Powell

the error was my mistake i´m sorry, now i dont get it anymore, but the result is very different to the result they postet although same history 

The only way to compare results — post the tester ini on the forum. I'll check it with the previous version.

Jerome Powell
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

The only way to compare results — post the tester ini on the forum. I'll check it with the previous version.

Hey Andrey I´m sorry for the late response I´m working on new set files. For example to this post: https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/207-eurusd-m5-partialclose-auto-hedge . I converted it to 2.31 I put default before loading the set file. I´m gonna share the ini file. example.ini

greetings. 

bryan ngai hoe chan

sorry im new, but i brought the file to my windowspowershell folder but i can't open anything. Completely new to this so kinda overwhelming. Does anyone have the updated set file? 

Ulises Cune
Quote from bryan ngai hoe chan

sorry im new, but i brought the file to my windowspowershell folder but i can't open anything. Completely new to this so kinda overwhelming. Does anyone have the updated set file? 

Check it.

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/7/topics/336-migrate-settings-file-230-to-231-version?redirect_to_reply=1972#comment-1972

Download the file from the link, then right click on the file and hit "run"