jagr19

is it possible to use news from myfxbook? the forexfactory one seem to be missing some news

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from jagr19

is it possible to use news from myfxbook? the forexfactory one seem to be missing some news

Nope.

Maybe, later.

jagr19

how do we download the latest csv files? and it doesnt seem to be showing the news lines on the chart and detecting the downloaded csv files.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from jagr19

how do we download the latest csv files? and it doesnt seem to be showing the news lines on the chart and detecting the downloaded csv files.

You need news history for backtest only.

EA load current news itself for the current week while working online.

Just set it up like described in the topic.

shinnsohai

How do we add customized news to the CSV file?

Does the news filter take the forecast and actual results of the news into consideration?

I was thinking about global impact wasn't captured inside (example: Wars between Russia and Ukraine)

Regards
Shinn.
Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from shinnsohai

How do we add customized news to the CSV file?

Does the news filter take the forecast and actual results of the news into consideration?

I was thinking about global impact wasn't captured inside (example: Wars between Russia and Ukraine)

Regards
Shinn.

Hey!

Of course, only planned economic news are availble in this calendar ;)

At the moment, the EA analyzes only news time, but forecast/actual values are planned to be used in the future.

You can add rows to the CSV, format is as follows:

date_time;currency;impact;name;previous;forecast;actual;actual_time;revised;revised_time

Hi all, 

where to download csv for June etc.?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Predrag Durlić Vujić

Hi all, 

where to download csv for June etc.?

Uploaded it to the google drive. Sorry for the delay!

fred walther

My MT5 doesn't want to load the news files. I kopied them into the proper directory but he keeps skipping them. I am using august 26th as the test date. The strategy tester calls the symbol "EURUSD" but in the CSV file, they are called "EUR" and "USD". Could that be the problem?
Do the news files have to have a special file name?
What am I doing wrong?

Here is the error message:
2022.09.16 12:20:28.831 2022.08.26 00:00:00 News [EURUSD]: "News\FF\2022.08.01.csv" is skipped...
2022.09.16 12:20:28.831 2022.08.26 00:00:00 News [EURUSD]: 0 events loaded from 0 files

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from fred walther

My MT5 doesn't want to load the news files. I kopied them into the proper directory but he keeps skipping them. I am using august 26th as the test date. The strategy tester calls the symbol "EURUSD" but in the CSV file, they are called "EUR" and "USD". Could that be the problem?
Do the news files have to have a special file name?
What am I doing wrong?

Here is the error message:
2022.09.16 12:20:28.831 2022.08.26 00:00:00 News [EURUSD]: "News\FF\2022.08.01.csv" is skipped...
2022.09.16 12:20:28.831 2022.08.26 00:00:00 News [EURUSD]: 0 events loaded from 0 files

Show me please your "C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\" folder and News settings from the Inputs tab.

What time interval do you use for testing?