VWAP purchase with institutional

• updated
  • Under review
Image 655
Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) is a measure that represents the weighted average price at which you trade
of a given time span on a given title have taken place. The measure is used in particular by institutional investors
as a reference for the execution of a sale and purchase operation articulated on several exchanges. The vwap and its upper and lower standard deviations represent supports and resistances (with particular emphasis on the second band).

On a day in range, strong hands like to buy on weakness (second band) and sell on strength (vwap), the price will bounce between vwap and bands. On a trending day the price will break out of the bands.
The same concept can be applied on longer time frames hence the need to have an indicator on a weekly / monthly / composite basis.
dante tunica

I like to try trading new signals with the simulator. The daily test was productive. It could be even better with CP managed revenue. This is much easier (for those who know how to program) to implement in the EA. Buy in the lower deviations, sell in the upper ones. The yellow line is the VWAP magnet and the reference point for investors.

Image 657

dante tunica

Result of the simulation

kamaleddin
Quote from dante tunica

Result of the simulation

Sounds great👌 can you share the indicator?

mathony

Not bad... This is FibonatchiBoillingerBands ?

dante tunica

XU-VWAP X-button.mq4

It looks a bit like Bollinger, but it moves differently. Unfortunately I only have this for MT4

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/11/trading-with-vwap-mvwap.asp

mathony
Quote from dante tunica

XU-VWAP X-button.mq4

It looks a bit like Bollinger, but it moves differently. Unfortunately I only have this for MT4

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/11/trading-with-vwap-mvwap.asp

only MT4 ? :/

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

VWAP indy is available for both MT4 and MT5, can be implemented to the EA.

I'll think about the best way to do it.

dante tunica
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

VWAP indy is available for both MT4 and MT5, can be implemented to the EA.

I'll think about the best way to do it.

Great good news. Perfect Andrey.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I don't like how it works on period openings.. A lot of false signals will happen.

How to avoid this?

Jürgen

I would like to see the VWAP in CP as well *thumbsup*.

VWAP is a powerfull indicator, because the "big guys" are measured on their performance with this indicator.

"How to avoid this?"

Maybe add a day/period waiting timer for like 5 hours for this signal to be valid. One can also use the general time settings if using the vwap indicator.