limit DD protection

• updated
  • Planned (collecting votes)

backtest

Backtest CP v. 2.25 ,default settings,  Lot size (fixed/per 1000=0.02), on 5M chart of all 2020 wiht IC Markets  Leverage 1:500,  4.000.-€ initial deposit. It took a few days to complete. Very good results but note 4 big decreasing DD in the chart . First one of 81,39%. The proposal is to implement a kind of security protection of maximum DD with an option to auto hedge 5 martingale current opened positions when Equity < 50%-60%.  EA would check a trend filter like  MA50 or smoothed Heiken Ashi filter of bigger TF (1H - 4 H) and when price bar crossover the trend filter close the hedged and restart nomal functionality. It is obvious that when big DD occours its becouse there is a long trend in place as seen in the chart below and somehow it could be put undercontrol using trend filter of bigger TF. It would be worhwhile despite of having worse overall results and even if it makes small losses  sometimes, as a kind of account protetion insurance. 

Image 672

Image 671

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Francisco 123321

Hello. I was wondering if at the end this limit DD is in the queue to be implemented or has been abolished

Yes, it is planned. Finishing the News filter at the moment.

Francisco 123321

Hello Andrey

There has been any progress on this topic? 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Francisco 123321

Hello Andrey

There has been any progress on this topic? 

Hi, Francisco!

I paused the development for a while — https://t.me/CommunityPowerEA/45150

Mayank Gupta

I like the Francisco Idea to hedge the loss making trades instead of hitting SL. i request Andrey Khatimlianskyi to implement the idea. 

Also i request to include 1 more logic "Close Hedge Trade on Signal " .