GRID Strategy

• updated
  • Completed

Hello community, I hope you are all well.

The intention, is to always hold 1 buy and 1 sell every 200 pips. If the EA finds a SELL line alone (without a buy at 200 pips, then the EA opens a BUY, and vice versa), thus staying in the market constantly.

Let's assume this scenario in a CENT account:

1- The EA opens 1 BUY and 1 SELL order every 200 pips.

2- The price goes up and opens 2 orders plus 1 BUY and 1 SELL order.

3- The price goes up more and opens 2 orders plus 1 BUY and 1 SELL.

4- The price keeps rising and the EA closes a BUY with more profit and makes a partial close of the SELL that has more loss.

5- The EA checks to see if there are BUY and SELL orders 200 pips away, if there are no orders 200 pips up or down, the EA opens a BUY and/or SELL order.

6- The price continues to rise and opens 2 more orders, 1 BUY and 1 SELL.

7- At this moment, the price changes direction and starts to go down.

8- The EA encounters an old SELL line (no buy, because it was previously closed), so the EA opens a buy order.

9- The price keeps going down and the EA closes a SELL with more profit and does a partial close of the BUY which has more loss.

I currently do this with 3 EAs. 2 EAs that open orders in GRID, 1 in favor of the trend and one against. And a 3rd EA that does the closes, but not partial, but total, i.e. closes several winning orders for one losing order. But partial closes are better, but I don't have an EA that does it.The problem with my strategy is that when it closes winning orders for a losing order, it leaves gaps with sells or buys alone, so it takes longer to profit, since it has to get to the last order in favor of trend or the last order in favor of trend, to continue opening orders in GRID.

What do you think? I hope you get the idea.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

Michel,

You already can trade your strategy, just try.

Look for the Base Grid set here on forum fore reference.

If you experience any troubles, attach your set and describe what do you want to change.

Cheers!

Michel
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Michel,

You already can trade your strategy, just try.

Look for the Base Grid set here on forum fore reference.

If you experience any troubles, attach your set and describe what do you want to change.

Cheers!

Andrey,
Thanks for your reply, I got to the post where you posted the .SETs:

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/144-base-grid?page=4

...to execute orders in GRID, however, it is not the strategy that I do.

Edit: 

At first I thought it was not possible, but then I found the option: Anti-MartinGala, which does what I am looking for. Fantastic!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Michel

Andrey,
Thanks for your reply, I got to the post where you posted the .SETs:

https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/4/topics/144-base-grid?page=4

...to execute orders in GRID, however, it is not the strategy that I do.

Edit: 

At first I thought it was not possible, but then I found the option: Anti-MartinGala, which does what I am looking for. Fantastic!

Try to use "Hedge: Close partial after order #" with "Hedge: Close main series by opposite main series" = true.

Michel

Try to use "Hedge: Close partial after order #" with "Hedge: Close main series by opposite main series" = true.

I got it! Thanks for the help Andrey and for the idea of building such a good community and EA for trading (in my case) with GRID strategies.

On the other hand, I had a hard time configuring CP to do the partial closes according to my strategy. I will open a new post later, if I can't find a way to make it work the way I want it to.

Successes!!!

frank

Hi Michel,

I wnat to rebuild your strategy, because the idea is very interesting. But I`m fail. Can you share your Setfile please.

Frank

Michel
Quote from frank

Hi Michel,

I wnat to rebuild your strategy, because the idea is very interesting. But I`m fail. Can you share your Setfile please.

Frank

Hi Frank, yes, no problem. Actually I'm still looking for optimization to protect the account when strong trends inevitably happen. It is my priority. The .sets are just tests of 2 strategies. With the .set names, they explain what each strategy consists of.

CP MT5 - SystemGRID 10 - Fixed lot 0.01 - P....set

CP MT5 - SystemGRID 10 - Fixed lot 0.1 - Pr....set

I do not use MG. Tests on CENT account.

frank

Thanks Michel,

i will check your Setfile and give you a replay.

Frank

Michel

Hi Andrey. Sorry, I wanted to ask if CP has the function to partially and/or fully close first the losing orders farthest from the price or with the largest negative amount, with winning orders farthest from the price or with the largest positive amounts.

My primary strategy is to protect my account from any strong trend that sooner or later will happen, closing losing orders far from the price, thanks to the openings of orders in favor of the trend and thanks to the small reversals, and while all this is happening, I am accumulating small profits.

You can see the screenshot I made to better understand what I am getting at. If I add up all the green dots, I get 40.79, enough to close 2 orders that are further away from the price (red dots), and I also get a profit of $10. If the price continues to fall, it will be the sell orders already opened, which will cover the purchases that are in loss. My intention is always to give priority to closing losing orders that are FARTHER away from the price.

In this scenario on the chart, CP closes the winning sell orders with the losing buy orders, and I don't think this is ideal, because if after closing the orders, the price goes up again, the sell orders will continue to accumulate more and more, until they reach enough buys to be able to close sales.

The image I posted is just an example and was intentional for the purpose of understanding my strategy, which is to prioritize the closing of losing orders that are farther away from the price, with winning orders that are farther away from the price, regardless of whether they are sales and purchases closing a single sale.

Michel

Thanks Ulises, I am aware of the partial closure options. However, what I am looking for is for CP NOT to close sell orders with buy orders and buy orders with sell orders, but to close losing orders that are further away from the price, i.e. use winning buy and sell orders to close a losing order that is farther away from the price.