Partial close: Close profit itself if it is not big enough to close most loss trade

• updated
  • Completed

Hi.

I recommend making an edit for the partial close options. Since EA doesn't do this, I have to do it manually. Active after a certain number of orders. OK. Partial close active with indicator signals. OK. If there is not enough profit for partial closing when the signal is realized, it should close the orders that are in gain status. A row can be added.

Close gains if partial close gain is insufficient : False/True

Necessity:
The price may not return immediately for the loss-making orders to win. It can move in a narrow range or channel. it can make horizontal zigzags repeatedly. Only the gains are closed with the signal on each corrective move. If partial close is insufficient. When the price returns, re-orders can be opened in the same places of the closed orders. When conditions are met. I come across such gestures a lot. For example, EurUsd Price movements this week.
Thanks

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

I've moved it to the separate topic. Let's vote.

HeppiBull

I like this idea, I am doing sometimes the same manually with my EA using martingale set. Not sure if this only increases profit but also the risk for higher drop downs.

But sounds promising and could be optimized by backtesting.

*thums-up*

Recep Apaydın
Quote from HeppiBull

I like this idea, I am doing sometimes the same manually with my EA using martingale set. Not sure if this only increases profit but also the risk for higher drop downs.

But sounds promising and could be optimized by backtesting.

*thums-up*

I believe it will be efficient with the "Partial close on" option using the oscillator.
Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Started

Let's do it

Christian Paramon

This will be so great to have... Doing it manually can work, but since can't put TP individually, it really takes time to watch over all the trades time.

Recep Apaydın
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Done in 2.46.1

https://t.me/CommunityPowerNews/12

It works very well. Successful. Thank you. You are great.
aramabdo
Quote from Recep Apaydın
It works very well. Successful. Thank you. You are great.

Please share a sample set if you have time.

Thanks

Ulises Cune

HeppiBull

The feature is very nice, but it has one weakness:

Once "close profit itself" is enabled, the common partial close strategy is more or less prevented, which increases the DD and risk of burning the account.

This could be improved by having a separate option "partial close profit itself on" for the signals to control this option independent from the common "partial close".

I think "close profit itself" is more effective if the long-term trend has changed against the trade direction of the martingale series, hence it could be enabled e.g. for trend (D1) and stoch (M5).

Once the long-term trend has changed again into the trade direction, "close profit itself" is not applied anymore but the common partial close strategy without or with different signal for "partial close on".

On the one hand (trend against trade direction) it can increase the profit and on the other hand (trend with trade direction) it is still possible to rescue the series with partial close of loss positions.

What do you think. If you like we can open a new topic for this suggestion?