Partial Close - don't reopen closed trades or keep the lot sizes

• updated
  • Completed

CommunityPower 2.54.EURUSD.M5.20221128_2022....ini

Image 4445

Hi. (Sorry, google translate). When the price moves against the first order, for example, 6 orders are opened. The market may turn around and with a partial closure, Order 6 and order 1 may close. Then Order 5 and order 2 may close. There will be order 3 and order 4. Now if the price goes against us, the adviser will reopen four orders. The total volume of orders will increase significantly. This may increase the drawdown. I suggest making two options for the trader to choose from:

1. Prohibit the opening of orders that have been closed using the partial closing function.(Already suggested by Sai Pratap).

2. Leave the possibility of opening martin orders, provided that the total volume will be the same.

There may be other options. Suggest and let's discuss.

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Satisfaction mark by Victor 4 weeks ago

Add a comment about quality of support you received (optional):

Duplicates 1
Individual properties: Open next order in next level after close

For example, in one-way strategies, such as the strategy of only buying index like NASDAQ , and when using "individual properties", when closing with a profit at a certain level after rising, and then the price returns to the same level, the EA opens the order again, but I want an additional option that prevents opening the order from the same level that It has been used before so that the next order jumps to the next level.

To clarify more:

For example, Nasdaq, we have a grid of 10 levels as follows:

A buy order is opened from level 15,000. Step is 1000. The next order is opened at level 14900.

We have activated the individual closing at 500.

If the rise is achieved, the order will be closed at 14950.

If the price has returned to the 14900 again I want it not to opening again at this level and I want to wait for the next level 14800 to open the new order.

Thanks

Forex Trader

love this idea. it will reduce draw down.

Sai Pratap

If you dont open martin trades, how do you ensure to close them? 

You may have to keep the trades open for long and wait for the market to move in ur favourable direction. This will lead to more swap charges.

U can try opening martin after certain DD% like feature.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

We can try to keep the correct lot sizes. Sometimes it will work.

Forex Trader
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

We can try to keep the correct lot sizes. Sometimes it will work.

i think not opening martingale trades after closed by partial close is good option also.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I've merged your topic with this one, they are about the same.

We need to remember what orders were already opened and prevent their re-opening.

Let's vote.

aramabdo
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

I've merged your topic with this one, they are about the same.

We need to remember what orders were already opened and prevent their re-opening.

Let's vote.

Thank you sir

aramabdo

Important Risk Management
Please more vote!

c00l

I'd love it!

Kirill El
    Quote from aramabdo

Important Risk Management
    Please more vote!

• I agree and really looking forward to this feature too. 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
    • Started

I've started refactoring the series management.

I will keep the correct last order number so that the martingale series does not escalate after a partial close.