CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after ZERO)

• updated

CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after ZERO)

Improved set with less DD & improved profit. May please review.

CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after ....set

Image 815

Image 816

CP_MT5_EURUSD_Grid8(With trailing SL after FIVE)-Live running now

Image 817

Image 818

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Sai Pratap

Two ways..either increase the capital for test or change the duration of test in such a way that all the opened by EA itself instead of force closing because of end of back test.

Joschi
Quote from Sai Pratap

End of test means, there are few open trades which are force closed due to end of back test. Hence it will result in bad backtest report. U better check the set for an year atleast, as EURUSD has been moving one sidedly since Dec end to till date.

I repeated the test from January 1st 2020 until today, but unfortunately I still don't make it to February. if i start from february 2020 it will continue to run, but then it will stop again with "end of test", although it is only march 2020. did I make another mistake in the settings?

Sai Pratap
Quote from Joschi

I experimented a bit with the set file again and came across another problem that I can't explain to myself: I tested the set with fbs / icm 500e 25 leverage, over the short period from 1.1.21 until today, but the results confuse me. with fbs the set works quite well, but it closes badly, and the test report says end of test, what does that mean? with icm i can't even make it into february. but as soon as I adjust the test periods a little, icm works much better, but it also ends badly. Do you have any suggestions  how to improve my results for eur /with 25L. ? thanks again :)

ReportTester-1.1.21- 29.3.21.html

ReportTester-5018202 1.1.21- 29.3.21.html 
ReportTester-15.1.21-29.3.21.html

End of test means, there are few open trades which are force closed due to end of back test. Hence it will result in bad backtest report. U better check the set for an year atleast, as EURUSD has been moving one sidedly since Dec end to till date.

Joschi

I experimented a bit with the set file again and came across another problem that I can't explain to myself: I tested the set with fbs / icm 500e 25 leverage, over the short period from 1.1.21 until today, but the results confuse me. with fbs the set works quite well, but it closes badly, and the test report says end of test, what does that mean? with icm i can't even make it into february. but as soon as I adjust the test periods a little, icm works much better, but it also ends badly. Do you have any suggestions  how to improve my results for eur /with 25L. ? thanks again :)

ReportTester-1.1.21- 29.3.21.html

ReportTester-5018202 1.1.21- 29.3.21.html 
ReportTester-15.1.21-29.3.21.html

Joschi
Quote from Sai Pratap

Expert is an expert :)

Plz share ur feedback on set now.

for some reason, my account was destroyed in march 2020 when i start the test in january, but if i push the date a bit forward everything works great in the backtest: D now i only need a set that works live with European regulations. nevertheless i would like to thank you for your great work sai!

Sai Pratap
Quote from Joschi

update: thanks to andrey i was able to trace the problem to a mistake in my settings: euros instead of dollars and a leverage less than 500. thanks for the quick help in solving the problem !

Expert is an expert :)

Plz share ur feedback on set now.

Sai Pratap
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Sai, your first screen is worse than 2nd (original grid set). Have you mixed them up?

How are u saying first screen is worse sir, plz clarify?

It is showing better net profit as well as less DD.

To clarify from my side, first screen is with trailing SL after Zero & second screenshot is with SL after FIVE. Thanks

Joschi

update: thanks to andrey i was able to trace the problem to a mistake in my settings: euros instead of dollars and a leverage less than 500. thanks for the quick help in solving the problem !

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Sai, your first screen is worse than 2nd (original grid set). Have you mixed them up?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review
Quote from Joschi

Thanks for your quick reply! i reinstalled mt5 and repeated the test, as i hadn't changed any settings manually beforehand. I just downloaded the set file from the forum and started the test. Now, on the second try, I get better results, but still not comparable to yours. the period of more than a year is surely enough for a test, right? thank you again for your time and help sai, I am very grateful for that

ReportTester-3905770.html

Joschi, start with testing on the same broker.