EUR-USD / ICmarkets / 40 to 50% DD / MT5 / low balance possible.

• updated
  • Checked

Hello,

Here is a set file that I like. Some people had some difficulties to load this set file therefore I will copy the entire code in the next comment.  You can open Notepad, copy the text and save it as a .set file.

In the results below, the balance was 100€. I also tried with 50€ and it was working during the whole year, but of course, it's better to have more than that. 

I tried with another broker (Roboforex) and it was not giving this results. So i assume results will defere with your broker. I'm currently using ICmarkets-demo

If you want to reduce the DD you can reduce the risk. it's currently set to 6% which is suiting me.

Please enjoy and don't hesitate to comment.

Joan Hard.set

Image 1033

Image 1031

Image 1032

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
How to check the version...?
Symbol:
EUR-USD
TimeFrame:
5min
joan S

; saved on 2021.03.15 15:42:13

; this file contains input parameters for testing/optimizing CommunityPower MT5 expert advisor

; to use it in the strategy tester, click Load in the context menu of the Inputs tab

Yannis Latroche

You can check the version when you go to the market and click on the last tab to the right (i don't know what it's writed in english but you should find it)

Joschi

hey, thank you for sharing your set with us! unfortunately I cannot reproduce your great results. i used my demo account at fbs, but the results shouldn’t be so different, right? something seems to be wrong on my side ... :( can you give me some advice? thank you very much

ReportTester-3956246.html

Nerab

Hi Joan, Tested your set on ICM and OctaFX, both MT5. The result for ICM is surprisingly good, it survived 2019-today! but blown out on OctaFX. Both used 5ms execution delay (assuming we use VPS for non stop trading).

ICMarkets - Raw Spread Account - $100 backtest (200$ actual min. deposit) - 1:500 Leverage - M5 timeframe

-

OctaFX - MT5 Account - 100$ Backtest - 1:500 Leverage - M5 Timeframe

-

EURUSD Spread

ICM : Floating 0.1-0.3 pips

OctaFX : Floating 0.7-1.4 pips

Commission :

ICM : $3.5 per side

OctaFX : Free

Swap Long/Short

ICM : -4.5 / -0.17

OctaFX : None

Margin Call / Stop Out

ICM : 100%/50%

OctaFX : 25%/15%

Is the spread between broker matters that much? :(. And I wonder why the set is so slow in 2019 but boosted like a rocket in 2020-today :D.

And if I may ask, I use Tickmill as my broker but they don't offer MT5 account so It's hard to backtest the set with my current broker. But I think it's similar with ICMarkets :

Tickmill

EURUSD Spread : Floating 0.1-0.3 pips

Commission : $2 per side

Swap Long/Short : -4.7 / -0.2

Margin Call / Stop Out : 100%/30% 

So how do you think? is it gonna work on Tickmill?

Joschi
Quote from Joschi

hey, thank you for sharing your set with us! unfortunately I cannot reproduce your great results. i used my demo account at fbs, but the results shouldn’t be so different, right? something seems to be wrong on my side ... :( can you give me some advice? thank you very much

ReportTester-3956246.html

problem was on my side, i didnt set the leverage to 500.

Joschi

backtestet with roboforex, 250 euro and 500lv  and this looks very nice! TY for sharing, i think my live acc. is waiting! :)

Joschi
Quote from Joschi

backtestet with roboforex, 250 euro and 500lv  and this looks very nice! TY for sharing, i think my live acc. is waiting! :)

edit:my first test was accidentally with USD not with EUR, and the ea makes it over the big DD in August, but if I repeat the test, it doesn't even work with 1000 euros. what triggers the strong DD? is there a way to tone it down?

Joschi
Quote from Joschi

edit:my first test was accidentally with USD not with EUR, and the ea makes it over the big DD in August, but if I repeat the test, it doesn't even work with 1000 euros. what triggers the strong DD? is there a way to tone it down?

USD: ReportTester-68029082.html

EUR: ReportTester-68029082.html

here are my results for roboforex 250 start, 500 leverage

joan S
Quote from Joschi

I have no idea why.
Did you try with roboforex and leverage

joan S
Quote from Nerab

Hi Joan, Tested your set on ICM and OctaFX, both MT5. The result for ICM is surprisingly good, it survived 2019-today! but blown out on OctaFX. Both used 5ms execution delay (assuming we use VPS for non stop trading).

ICMarkets - Raw Spread Account - $100 backtest (200$ actual min. deposit) - 1:500 Leverage - M5 timeframe

-

OctaFX - MT5 Account - 100$ Backtest - 1:500 Leverage - M5 Timeframe

-

EURUSD Spread

ICM : Floating 0.1-0.3 pips

OctaFX : Floating 0.7-1.4 pips

Commission :

ICM : $3.5 per side

OctaFX : Free

Swap Long/Short

ICM : -4.5 / -0.17

OctaFX : None

Margin Call / Stop Out

ICM : 100%/50%

OctaFX : 25%/15%

Is the spread between broker matters that much? :(. And I wonder why the set is so slow in 2019 but boosted like a rocket in 2020-today :D.

And if I may ask, I use Tickmill as my broker but they don't offer MT5 account so It's hard to backtest the set with my current broker. But I think it's similar with ICMarkets :

Tickmill

EURUSD Spread : Floating 0.1-0.3 pips

Commission : $2 per side

Swap Long/Short : -4.7 / -0.2

Margin Call / Stop Out : 100%/30% 

So how do you think? is it gonna work on Tickmill?

Hi, I am not so much expert to help you with your question. 
I have no idea why in 2019 the market makes the set growing slowly.
It's maybe because it's configured for buy only, but im not sure.

Regarding Tickmill, i think you would have to give it a try.
in any case, the most important thing is to withdraw time to time. As it's using martingal, we can be sure that there will bea blown account sooner or later.