EUR-USD / ICmarkets / 40 to 50% DD / MT5 / low balance possible.

• updated
  • Checked

Hello,

Here is a set file that I like. Some people had some difficulties to load this set file therefore I will copy the entire code in the next comment.  You can open Notepad, copy the text and save it as a .set file.

In the results below, the balance was 100€. I also tried with 50€ and it was working during the whole year, but of course, it's better to have more than that. 

I tried with another broker (Roboforex) and it was not giving this results. So i assume results will defere with your broker. I'm currently using ICmarkets-demo

If you want to reduce the DD you can reduce the risk. it's currently set to 6% which is suiting me.

Please enjoy and don't hesitate to comment.

Joan Hard.set

Image 1033

Image 1031

Image 1032

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
How to check the version...?
Symbol:
EUR-USD
TimeFrame:
5min
Yannis Latroche

It could be useful to a certain type account growth, i know a trader that started trading with 10 accounts of 100$ and some of them got 1000 in a flash and then he traded 2% risk

Gonna try something like that

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Checked

My results on IC (tester settings - 100eur.ini):

No difference between USD and EUR balance.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

My results on RoboForex-Pro:

No difference between USD and EUR balance too.

Please, keep in mind that risk-based lot size can differs on different deposits. And 100 EUR is approximately 120 USD (20% difference).

joan S

Hello. I have updated the set. This version is called "Joan New"
As you can see same DD, but much more profit.

If you are a gamer, you can increase up to 5,9% risk. (max is far above, around 6,9% but the DD goes to 82%)

Joan New-hard.set
Joan New-soft.set

Joschi

unfortunately i cannot reproduce your results. here are my roboforex results with settings of 300 eur / usd starting capital, and 500lv:

Joan new-soft

EUR: 

USD:

Joan new-Hard
EUR

USD

Nerab

Below my results using ICM Raw Spread Account, modified from Joan's Hard Set.

The starting deposit is $250, tested from 2019 - April 2021.

The set is using Buy Only trades, in 2018 Buy Only strategy has failed, but Sell Only strategy was holding up better, even though it hit so many SL. 

So I think we'll have to change it to Sell Only in the future, but I can't expect what to do when the market is in between Buy and Sell. So my plan is to gain some profit (maybe $750-$1000) and reducing the Risk per Trade amounts for safety.

Unfortunately, this set only works in ICMarkets (for now), another broker with EURUSD spread >0.6 pips has been blown out. Please take that for consideration.

The set I modified is for MT5.

MT5 EURUSD M5 BUY ONLY v0.04.set

joan S

Thank you for your input guys.

Regarding the new set (Joan New)  i provided above, i made the mistake to do it with Demo account... in live account it's not working.
Therefore im working on it and let you know if I

Joschi

my results, als always with Roboforex 300 usd 500 leverage

ReportTester-68029082.htm

any way to avoid that big loss there?

joan S

Finally.. it's here. 
The new set, optimised for ICmarkets real account. Do not backtest it in demo account the result will not be the same.

You can decrease the risk, or increase it as per your risk appetite. 
I configured it to 3.6 % in order to have about 50% relative DD.

Joan V3.0.set

Nerab

Hi Joan, tested your old set and my modified set, but your v3.0 provides more profit with less DD.

Testing it on my live account, it can be monitored here. 

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/984710

I've added High Impact news filter (360 minutes before & after) because I've got bad memories with red news.

Considering to add deposit to 500 in a few weeks. 

Joan V3.0 News.set

It would be great if you can share your method and main parameters for optimization. Hope to reoptimize it again in the future when the market changes. Cheers.