Volatility based default set

• updated

Hi guys,

Rather than having fixed step size, I've been tinkering with the idea of having the steps based on volatility. Specially with the ability to fix the volatility based on the first order, we can have a somewhat flexible, but still controlled grid spacing. The goal is to make the grid reflect somewhat recent price volatility. I've also done the same for the pending order distance.

Furthermore, once we have the max orders placed, i think its beneficial to have the "close any with any" option enabled along with "Allow hedge only on main drawdown %"

So I modified the default set to use a coefficient of the ATR indicator, along with the above mentioned.

Here's the results of 01.01.2018 to 03.20.2023 on OctaFX with $1000 as initial deposit:

Image 4200

Image 4201

Would appreciate your inputs on how to further progress this idea.

VolBasedEURUSD

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
EURUSD
TimeFrame:
M5
Samuel Nguyen
Quote from fengli

My results with pepperstone from 1Jan2020 until 3Apr2023, looks great. Will run it with live account after few more tests. Thanks.

Image 4227

Thanks for sharing. Is it the original set from the 1st post?

wow awesome results!

fengli
Quote from Samuel Nguyen

Thanks for sharing. Is it the original set from the 1st post?

Yup, nothing I change from the SET file shared by Lytnin.

lytnin
Quote from fengli

My results with pepperstone from 1Jan2020 until 3Apr2023, looks great. Will run it with live account after few more tests. Thanks.

Image 4227

Thanks for sharing your results.

I recommend you add a stop loss to the set file before any live trading.. i haven't placed any just for the sake of setting up the idea and brainstorming.

Samuel Nguyen
Quote from lytnin

Thanks for sharing your results.

I recommend you add a stop loss to the set file before any live trading.. i haven't placed any just for the sake of setting up the idea and brainstorming.

In your set, already have a stop loss value of 160. Is there anything else that we should care about?

lytnin
Quote from Samuel Nguyen

In your set, already have a stop loss value of 160. Is there anything else that we should care about?

not really, i just wanted to point out that this is a working theory...

Samuel Nguyen
Quote from lytnin

not really, i just wanted to point out that this is a working theory...

Thanks Lytnin

fengli

I found that the DD will be decreased if the "New deal on the end of the bar only" is enabled.

EURUSD Volatility lytnin Rev090423.set

lytnin
Quote from fengli

I found that the DD will be decreased if the "New deal on the end of the bar only" is enabled.

Hey, I only got a DD% reduction of 3% but alot less return overall... Which broker did u test on?

Sai Pratap
Quote from fengli

I immediately tested with that setting when he shared the original set in the opening post. But I did not find it much useful.