Activation and deactivation events for each signal/filter

• updated
  • Completed

hello together

Have a new idea.

Each indicator should be able to be added dynamically depending on the situation. For example:

If a trade is still open after 12 hours, you should be able to add another indicator, which can then be used to close the trade in a good situation.

Or if a trade has 3 orders, you should be able to add another Indiaktor from the 4th order. This can be used for example to partially close orders.

Whats do you think? ;)

Duplicates 1
Extend SL and signals to "close on collective signal, exceeding max DD only"

Currently, CP is a great tool do design martingale and "diamond hands" systems, which exit in profit only. However, in some cases it is better to let the position go instead of holding it until margin call.

Aligned with the request for more triggers around the TDI indicator, https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/606-tdi-with-more-signals

I believe that introducing the stop-loss-trigger logic to each indicator in general can strongly improve the performance of CP compared to current state where we only can trigger stop losses based on the draw down.

Technically, I would propose to extend the logic for the SL similar to TP:

Image 3482

but with "Max DD to close on signal"

inside the current StopLoss section

Image 3480

Also in each indicator adding the drop downs

• Close on individual signal, exceeding max DD only
  • Close on collective signal, exceeding max DD only

would basically do the trick.

Image 3481

I believe this extension would open a wide range for new smart stop loss handing ideas.

Thanks for considering this!

Sai Pratap

Why shud signals be used? It is very much straight fwd that positions to be closed when certain DD is reached and is already possible for CP.

Am I missing something here!?

drago babnik

Hi there,

A similar proposal was already made under the title Activation and deactivation events for each signal/filter and I ask for a vote.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Under review

I guess this can be done by adding only 1 new parameter: Max profit to close on signal.

Thus, you'll be able to set conditional SL.

For example, if profit < -100 signal will work for close. (if >= -100, will not work).

Or do you want to activate some signals with Min profit to close and other -- with Max profit to close?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
    Quote from Christian Paramon

I have an idea of making the signal TF could be changed after DD $xxx or After layer #xxx
    The simple aim for this , is to anticipate for aggresive Marti set with lots of layers, could be adjusted automatically after DD or #of layers. This will give more time for reversal while saving some lot margin. 

Example if the initial TF is M5, then after Layer #20, the TF changed to TF30.

Not really sure if this can correlated with the idea on this topic, but the main purpose I think quite same, that after certain condition, needed some -brake- for the layers. The more advance is the part where the brakes could be release once it back to favorable condition. 

Got my vote for sure!!

Thanksss

It will be possible for indicators that have several blocks. For example, you can set Oscillator1 on M5 and deactivate it after X trades, and set Oscillator2 on H1 and activate it after X trades.

After this idea will be implemented, of course )

So, let's do it.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
    • Planned (collecting votes)
    Quote from drago babnik

Hi there,

A similar proposal was already made under the title Activation and deactivation events for each signal/filter and I ask for a vote.

You're right. It will work with https://communitypowerea.userecho.com/en/communities/1/topics/441-activation-and-deactivation-events-for-each-signalfilter

Merging topics...

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
    • Started
    Andrey Khatimlianskyi
    • Completed

Done in 2.51.1 -- https://t.me/CommunityPowerNews/67

Let's test it!

jagr19
    Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Done in 2.51.1 -- https://t.me/CommunityPowerNews/67

Let's test it!

will you be updating the manual for this feature? i'm looking for something like that but not sure if its the right feature. would like a trade to be entered if triggered by the indicators but i have the spread filter on, after X seconds i do not want the trade anymore even if the spread comes to within my set spreads. can i use activation period for this?

Quote from jagr19

will you be updating the manual for this feature? i'm looking for something like that but not sure if its the right feature. would like a trade to be entered if triggered by the indicators but i have the spread filter on, after X seconds i do not want the trade anymore even if the spread comes to within my set spreads. can i use activation period for this?

Hey

Documentation is updated -- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ww1M97H54IBwtCKZDhxtqsTsrtEMKofXHMEWMGCyZNs/edit#heading=h.5g5xo2d0ctp3

But it will not help you with your strategy.

You need some improvement on spread filter, I guess. Something like "Pause for X seconds/until next bar after bad spread detected". Please, add this suggestion as a new topic if you like it.