[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Planned (collecting votes)

Frank, thanks for your suggestion!

Seems we had something like this on forum, but I can't find it at the moment.

It is really good idea to connect CP to any custom indicator. But it is not so simple to do.

If someone wants to help and knows MQL4/5 good enough, it is good chance to make contribution to the project - just write the library to work with any custom indicator and share it with me, and I'll implement it to the EA.

Norton Faldi

Nice Frank

GregoryAFX

Greate idea with endless possibilities!

acealert

+1 for this! 

When it is already implemented, many possibilities to find/optimize good set with any indicators since CP EA is great tool for trade management

Btw, is it possible to do backtest/optimization with icustom? 

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from acealert

+1 for this! 

When it is already implemented, many possibilities to find/optimize good set with any indicators since CP EA is great tool for trade management

Btw, is it possible to do backtest/optimization with icustom? 

Yep, it can be used as usual. All you need it to keep indicator file in the corresponding folder.

Sai Pratap

I strongly need this. Plzzzzzz.

Gave away my 5 votes. :)

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Sai Pratap

I strongly need this. Plzzzzzz.

Gave away my 5 votes. :)

We need direct connection to Patreon here on the forum =))

Or just the Donate button to speed up voting.

scott vandergriff
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

We need direct connection to Patreon here on the forum =))

Or just the Donate button to speed up voting.

I'd be glad to donate for this implementation. Have I missed the patreon link somewhere?

Tarso Mastella

I would be glad to donate as well.

I know 2 Brazilian EAs, one is paid and other is free (not open source) that has such feature.

They have buffer conditions for Buy and Sell, and slots to set the value of parameters.

md mijanur rahman

It will be a great EA in mql5.com