[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

Quote from papa prabu

i mean with use closed bar only [false] the floating BUY order on screen must have been closed at the same bar that order happen - coz in that same bar was red - green - red again

why i am asking this - coz i saw ur USE CLOSED BAR ONLY [false] somehow good in action with repaint indi  [candle 0]

or is it by default only 1 order can happen in 1 bar ?

thanks

Depends on other settings.

papa prabu
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Depends on other settings.

on my last tester ini [previous comment], i only change setting in custom indi properties
i still disabled all others for now
coz still wanna c the function of USE CLOSED VAR ONLY [false]

could you pls check it how to make open/close order and open order again in the same bar 

as u can see this floating buy order must have been closed and open new sell on the same bar following the trend, but its not

Image 4264

scott vandergriff
Quote from papa prabu

on my last tester ini [previous comment], i only change setting in custom indi properties
i still disabled all others for now
coz still wanna c the function of USE CLOSED VAR ONLY [false]

could you pls check it how to make open/close order and open order again in the same bar 

as u can see this floating buy order must have been closed and open new sell on the same bar following the trend, but its not

Image 4264

You have the indy set to open trades on Collective signal, what other signal are you using and have you tried using the open on individual signal setting? Also under the Expert properties set New deal on the new bar to False

Image 4266

papa prabu

yes i did brother... 

ct3 candle 0 raw tes.ini
expert properties new deal on the new bar [false]

ive tried all option in   open on [....] 

but it still doesnt allow close order/open new order on the same bar if signal allowed

scott vandergriff
Quote from papa prabu

yes i did brother... 

ct3 candle 0 raw tes.ini
expert properties new deal on the new bar [false]

ive tried all option in   open on [....] 

but it still doesnt allow close order/open new order on the same bar if signal allowed

The only other thing I can think of would be to set the signal timeframe to 1 or 2 minute while trading the 5 minute chart. Not sure that would give you the results you are looking for though. There isn't a timeframe setting for the custom indy that I know of so use the Expert properties to set it.

papa prabu

i figure it out

in fact i must use type : in the direction of the last arrow

Image 4273

thanks case closed

HI

how to know buffer color buy or sell in custom indicator?

Quote from ferdinand tampubolon

HI

how to know buffer color buy or sell in custom indicator?

I added some examples here -- https://communitypowerea.com/docs/signals-and-filters#color-buffer-number-and-index

2 more Custom indicators are added in 2.55.2, will release it soon.

Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

2 more Custom indicators are added in 2.55.2, will release it soon.

Released -- https://t.me/CommunityPowerNews/141