[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Guys, have you by any chance seen such an EA in the mql codebase? It will make this task easier for me.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Guys, have you by any chance seen such an EA in the mql codebase? It will make this task easier for me.

Hello Andrey,
I'm just starting to learn MQL, I think it's done with the iCustom() function.
I leave you a search on github where there are several codes using this function, maybe some will help you.

https://github.com/search?l=MQL5&q=iCustom%28+.mq5&type=Code

Sergei Mak

Андрей, приветствую! Я по поводу дополнения в советнике для установки пользовательского индикатора (пост 145, ответ 148 в "Комментариях" советника на Маркете) 

Сам индикатор  https://www.mql5.com/ru/market/product/71976?source=Сайт+Профиль+Продавец

Есть его открытый код, если необходимо. Я меняю настройки для лучшего отображения. Очень хорошо работает на малых ТФ.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Ulises Cune

Hello Andrey,
I'm just starting to learn MQL, I think it's done with the iCustom() function.
I leave you a search on github where there are several codes using this function, maybe some will help you.

https://github.com/search?l=MQL5&q=iCustom%28+.mq5&type=Code

I don't want to publish any EA, but "Hyper Trader" has the ability to use external indicators and here are some of the setup parameters for external indicators, and how to make a buy or sell

INDICADORES EXTERNOS Variables

ext1a[n] ext1b[n] ext1c[n] ext1d[n] ext1e[n]

ext2a[n] ext2b[n] ext2c[n] ext2d[n] ext2e[n]

ext3a[n] ext3b[n] ext3c[n] ext3d[n] ext3e[n]

ext4a[n] ext4b[n] ext4c[n] ext4d[n] ext4e[n]

ext5a[n] ext5b[n] ext5c[n] ext5d[n] ext5e[n]

buy and sell decisions should be written with a condition for example:
buy if ext1a[n] > ext1b[n] , something totally new in CommunityPower
or ext1a[n] >= 25 (When ADX is greater than or equal to 25, if ADX is used as external indicator)

Tarso Mastella

Found this EA on Market that has lot of material that may help https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/32116

Also, Andrey, I am a part of a group in Brazil that is interested in pay for this customization, I mean depending on value. So, I would suggest you to create a Patreon (or simillar crawd funding) specific for this feature discussed on this topic. I would be happy to finance it.
For sure, some members would finance it and the benefit will be available for all the CP Community.

gideon maina
Quote from Tarso Mastella

Found this EA on Market that has lot of material that may help https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/32116

Also, Andrey, I am a part of a group in Brazil that is interested in pay for this customization, I mean depending on value. So, I would suggest you to create a Patreon (or simillar crawd funding) specific for this feature discussed on this topic. I would be happy to finance it.
For sure, some members would finance it and the benefit will be available for all the CP Community.

On CP EA can you add the function where signal generated by an indicator are used to open and close trade

Ulises Cune

There are not many more indicators. Also a bit ungarnished, CP is much better.

A universal EA is useless if you don't have a community like the one with CP that contributes new strategies and helps everyone to learn how to use it.

We all benefit, as Andrey says "The rules are simple: your ideas + my code = profit for everyone!"

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Tarso,

Thanks for your contribution!

I'll learn this EA and try to implement something like that into the CP.

As for crawdfunding.

I guess it can work, I'll try to find a tool to make independent crawdfunding for each improvement. So you'll be able to vote using money, not just your likes )

But for now, you can contribute using the Donate button in our channel.

You can also share the link with your group. Ask people to send me a short "it is for 3rd party custom indy implementation" message and I'll know the purpose of money received )

Thanks again!

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Started

So, I've started.

I guess on the first stage we need following signal types:

• on arrow
  • towards the last arrow (to have continious signals)
  • on lines cross
  • on lines position (buy while MA1 > MA2)
  • on level cross
  • in zone (like oscillator)

Other parameters will be: TF, Indicator name, Indicator parameters string, Indicator buffer numbers, and good known "Use closed bars only" and "Reverse".

Did I miss something?

Rubens Oliveira
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

So, I've started.

I guess on the first stage we need following signal types:

• on arrow
  • towards the last arrow (to have continious signals)
  • on lines cross
  • on lines position (buy while MA1 > MA2)
  • on level cross
  • in zone (like oscillator)

Other parameters will be: TF, Indicator name, Indicator parameters string, Indicator buffer numbers, and good known "Use closed bars only" and "Reverse".

Did I miss something?

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for starting working on it!

I would suggest to add "colors" as a signal buffer, as many indicators have this type color arrays.

Indicator name should be able to read the path (if other path than "Indicators" root folder which should be he default.

Please connect this "universal" indicator plugin to the open trades section, since it would be VERY useful to be able to use the external indicator to open the martin or close, for instance.

And finally, I beg your pardon if it is too much, to add a second "universal" indicator plugin in the CP, as I foresee people will immediately ask you to add it (including myself) when the first one is ready :-)

With this option, the CP will become equally outstanding as the best EA which use this new feature!

Thanks a lot!