[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

Jerome Powell
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Dear communtiy!

I've made this feature even more flexible and powerful:

• [+] "On new arrow (non empty after empty)" mode
  • [+] "Color buffer number" and "Color index" to filter signals in all modes
  • [+] "Buy max/min level" / "Sell max/min level" to filter signals in all modes
  • [+] "Allow negative and zero values" for correct oscillators work
  • [*] "In the direction of the last arrow" can allow both signals
  • [+] "Custom label" to make your GUI and logs more understandable

Please, test it with your indicators and let me know what we can improve further.

Attached set contains example strategy with MACD <> 0 as a filter, and Stoch cross 80/20 as an entry signal.

Make sure you saved iMACD.ex5 from the google drive to your "MQL5\Indicators\" folder, and "MQL5\Indicators\Examples\Stochastic.ex5" is also present. 

Share your indicators and set-files to help others! And I'll work on documentation to help you understand new parameters ;)

CommunityPower_2.49.2.2.ex5
CommunityPower_2.49.2.2_Custom_MACD_Stoch.set

Hey Andrey I´m Testing out this new feature, but I´m having a hard time understanding 1;-1;0 etc. I red the manual but didnt understand it. I´m sorry. Maybe you can explain it on the indicator i´m trying to use. 
Santa Trend.set
Santa Trend.ex5

I want it to buy everytime there is green dot for buy or sell dot for sell. I tried it to figure out by using Ulises .set but couldnt.  Thank you for your great work and time you putting in this ea. 

lucian gabriel
Quote from Jerome Powell

Hey Andrey I´m Testing out this new feature, but I´m having a hard time understanding 1;-1;0 etc. I red the manual but didnt understand it. I´m sorry. Maybe you can explain it on the indicator i´m trying to use. 
Santa Trend.set
Santa Trend.ex5

I want it to buy everytime there is green dot for buy or sell dot for sell. I tried it to figure out by using Ulises .set but couldnt.  Thank you for your great work and time you putting in this ea. 

lucian gabriel
Quote from lucian gabriel

Hi, I think you need to add     Market\\  and then name of indicator  also I have a set here

lucian gabriel

Hi, I think you need to add     Market\\  and then name of indicator  also I have a set here

set.santatrade.test.set

Jerome Powell

set.santatrade.test.set

Hey Lucian, not putting on Market// was correct. U need this if u put it in the "market" folder so the indicator loaded up correctly but Idk how to make it work correctly..

Ulises Cune
Quote from Jerome Powell

Hey Lucian, not putting on Market// was correct. U need this if u put it in the "market" folder so the indicator loaded up correctly but Idk how to make it work correctly..

Hello Jerome,

You need a License for this indicator.

raylelal
Quote from Tarso Mastella

Hi Andrey, I am aligned what Rubens mentioned above, we actually discussed together. He is member of the group I mentioned on previous reply. Rubens has more knowledge on mql5 programming than I.
I have programming skills but on other languages.

Thanks for your dedication to this project. I have been able to make consistent gains snice Feb/2022 and ready to start making regular donations.

Hi, Tarso

please send me your set!!!

i too want donate

naziil

Use google translate. 

nice to meet you. First of all, I would like to thank the creators who created the wonderful EA and the users who have a wealth of knowledge. 

The other day, I imported a custom indicator, but in my settings I can buy with a buy signal, but I can't open a sell with a sell signal. (Also occurs with other indicators.) 

Please give me some advice on the settings.

wilson

the problem  with this type of builder is they dont give you a way to to hide unsed parameters for me as a user its very okay  but for people with intetion to create premium strategies  they cant,,,,but i like the whole idea it save alot of time and money they should provide a way to hide unused parameters  those many are confusing

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from naziil

Use google translate. 

nice to meet you. First of all, I would like to thank the creators who created the wonderful EA and the users who have a wealth of knowledge. 

The other day, I imported a custom indicator, but in my settings I can buy with a buy signal, but I can't open a sell with a sell signal. (Also occurs with other indicators.) 

Please give me some advice on the settings.

Try to use another buffer number. Maybe description is not correct.