Global Indexes

• updated
  • Running LIVE

Dear members of this amazing forum.

This is continuation of my previous post where I posted a US500 M5 strategy. I was able to work on different instruments and believe best way to share results and my studies are now on this Global Indexes post.

I was able to consolidate the following basic strategy:

• Buy only, no indicator (can use a MA as optional)
  • H1, if you would like more emotion you can go to other timeframes
  • TP between 0.50% - 0.80% of instrument value
    • In my view the current TPs will work as the instruments value are between pre pandemic crash and not much higher than historical high
  • Martingale around same value of TP (lower values generates more aggressive strategies)
    • Generally speaking, the more aggressive is the martingale (step and multiplier) the higher is the dd but floating isn’t keep for longer periods, the opposite if the martingale is less aggressive (lower dd but floating may take longer periods until take profit)
  • Partial close (use all positive orders to close orders from top)
    • Keep open martingale to closing orders from top
  • Use of a moving average to filter martingale and partial close
  • Variations are applied to diversify the strategy (conservative, moderate or aggressive)
  • Diversification of capital is also provided by whether considering or not the dd from feb-mar 2020, related to covid-19, on the capital allocation.

Current running live with the following instruments on Exness broker, in 4 different accounts:

• Fr40
  • Us500
  • UsTec
  • Stoxx50
  • Bra50 (ActivTrades)

Set files side-by-side comparison and BT results (xls) are attached on the excel file, together with my current capital allocation for each of the strategies.

Tarso Mastella - Global Indexes.xlsx

Following individual posts contain the set files, balance/equity graph and bt results for the different versions.

Thanks Andrey for this amazing EA, I will keep studying it and sharing results, hope and can start contributing as a patron soon.

My signals running the strategies:

https://www.mql5.com/pt/signals/1375023

https://www.mql5.com/pt/signals/1389908

https://www.mql5.com/pt/signals/1433631

https://www.mql5.com/pt/signals/1452362

https://www.mql5.com/pt/signals/1452558

MT version:
Set for MT5 only
EA version:
Symbol:
Fr40, UsTec, Us500, Stoxx50, Bra50
TimeFrame:
H1

How would you rate the customer service you received?

Satisfaction mark by Tarso Mastella 2 years ago

Add a comment about quality of support you received (optional):

Tarso Mastella
Quote from aramabdo

Hello

Thank you for sharing

Why you still using cp v2.42?

v2.43 and 2.44 have important fixes

Thanks for noting this. My live accounts are running with 2.44. The BTs were made on 2.42 on my local machine.

Tarso Mastella
Quote from Paolo Scardia

or do you know broker with cent account for using this strategy?

Exness has this instruments for MT4, where you can run cents. However the spread for cents are not as good as the Standard or Pro accounts. You can start with the Fr40,  or the UsTec v7 set which are really low capital demanding.

vishal kumar
Quote from Tarso Mastella

Exness has this instruments for MT4, where you can run cents. However the spread for cents are not as good as the Standard or Pro accounts. You can start with the Fr40,  or the UsTec v7 set which are really low capital demanding.

Hi,

brother di you  have Set file for DE40 ?

Tarso Mastella
Quote from vishal kumar

Hi,

brother di you  have Set file for DE40 ?

I have some, but at the moment, nothing that I am comfortable sharing or running live.
The DE40 has a pip value compared to Nasdaq, however it is less effective on pullbacks to clear orders using partial closing.

vishal kumar

I have some, but at the moment, nothing that I am comfortable sharing or running live.
The DE40 has a pip value compared to Nasdaq, however it is less effective on pullbacks to clear orders using partial closing.

Thanks for reply  , if you want to shear. then i can try to BT also and test run @ demo.

I will Talk to you Telegram.

Thanks

Yannis Latroche

Brilliant strategy, FRA40 may move violently as there is presidential election

Elmar de Araújo

Below are the set files and power point with BT results for Bra50

communitypower bra50 H1 v2.set
communitypower bra50 H1 v3.set
Tarso Mastella - Global Indexes Bra50.pptx

Hey, Tarso, very well done! I'm brazilian as well. At same time I've been studying and testing for a profitable setup on Bra50. I saw your powerpoint presentation and I'm thinking about to share with all the 2 best setups I've got. Both using martingale, one of them running on M5 timeframe and the other on M1.

Tarso Mastella
Quote from Elmar de Araújo

Hey, Tarso, very well done! I'm brazilian as well. At same time I've been studying and testing for a profitable setup on Bra50. I saw your powerpoint presentation and I'm thinking about to share with all the 2 best setups I've got. Both using martingale, one of them running on M5 timeframe and the other on M1.

Hi Elmar.
Thanks for sharing. As feedback provided on private, your set file is similar to the default EURUSD set. Try to reduce distance of pending order to get more trades. Anyway, congrats, your strategy is profitable.
I will stop running the Bra50 after the current trade is finished, swap costs from ActivTrades is too high to hold long time positions as the strategy requires, at the moment, as it is based on the Brazilian interest rates (SELIC), now at 11.75% annual.

Elmar de Araújo

Hi Elmar.
Thanks for sharing. As feedback provided on private, your set file is similar to the default EURUSD set. Try to reduce distance of pending order to get more trades. Anyway, congrats, your strategy is profitable.
I will stop running the Bra50 after the current trade is finished, swap costs from ActivTrades is too high to hold long time positions as the strategy requires, at the moment, as it is based on the Brazilian interest rates (SELIC), now at 11.75% annual.

Thank you very much for the feedback, Tarso.
Sharing both setups for Bra50.

Bra50 M5 rev06 #2014.set

Bra50 M1 rev09 #2016.set

Tarso Mastella

Update for UsTec strategies. Applied some control of lot size. I am currently running live: v6, v9, v10 and v11.

Tarso Mastella - Global Indexes UsTec.pptx

communitypower ustec h1v10 Moderate.set
communitypower ustec h1v11 Conservative.set