[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

Sai Pratap
Quote from nigel faria

I resolved it last night thank you... it was 1 2 5 6 0 0

Platinum Candle Indicator.ex5

Glad to hear that. And thanks for sharing the indicator to community.

If possible please share the results as well.

md mijanur rahman
Quote from Sai Pratap

Glad to hear that. And thanks for sharing the indicator to community.

If possible please share the results as well.

Dear Sai Pratap, would you pls  write me which version of mt5 need to run this indicator. I have already installed (mt5 3500 version) but not attached to the chart.

Thanks in advance for your kind collaboration !

-----

Sai Pratap
Quote from md mijanur rahman

Dear Sai Pratap, would you pls  write me which version of mt5 need to run this indicator. I have already installed (mt5 3500 version) but not attached to the chart.

Thanks in advance for your kind collaboration !

-----

I seriously dont understand y u r bothered about version of MT5.

Always use the latest version of CP/MT5 to get use of all the features.

md mijanur rahman
Quote from Sai Pratap

I seriously dont understand y u r bothered about version of MT5.

Always use the latest version of CP/MT5 to get use of all the features.

Sorry for bother you dear Sai,

Thanks for your kind & quick response !!!

----

Sai Pratap
Quote from md mijanur rahman

Sorry for bother you dear Sai,

Thanks for your kind & quick response !!!

----

U have not at all bothered me dear.

Looks like u misread my statement. I was just concerned about ur worry reg MT5 version. :)

Miano's Tech

i use the EA like this one its free here in mql5 the name is scriptbot global and the other is rent scriptbot+ it use internal and external indicator!!!

in external indicator you put the parameter like this... 

this is example!

Market/ultimatepivot.ex5

0/SYMBOL/CURRENT/0,23,2,1,14

here the link check the indicator sitting in that guide i think its give a hint..

https://sb.ultracode.org/indicators/installation

zizi_go

I haven't succeeded in using external indicators on MT4, the problem is only the buy buffer is executed and not the sell buffer. can someone give an example of correct setting with buffer buy= 0 , buffer sell = 1 with this indicator  zigoo.ex4

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from zizi_go

I haven't succeeded in using external indicators on MT4, the problem is only the buy buffer is executed and not the sell buffer. can someone give an example of correct setting with buffer buy= 0 , buffer sell = 1 with this indicator  zigoo.ex4

Attach your set please.

And explain what signals do you want to use (chart screen will be great).

papa prabu

me too struggling to get buffer id from this custom indi - been tried to use buffer number, color number also color index.. still havent found the right yet lol..
some time only do BUY but no sell

been searching from data window and color tab on the indicator properties but all i found buffer is a word not number
my guess the color index are 0.1.2.3.4.5
been trying randomly put those and combine it, still havent found the right one yet lol

need help guys.. lol

Corrected T3.mq5

corrected T3.ini

Image 4233

Image 4235

color tab

Image 4236

my trading need is simple as below
buy when Green - exit on the opposite signal color
sell when red - exit on the opposite signal color
martiangle true/false  if previous order loss
my indicator set as picture above

Image 4238

do you think this indicator give signal from buffers or object ?

if it gives signal from object rather than from buffer, it would be wonderfull if we add option calling entry exit from object to open order

thanks in advance for great helping

papa prabu

trying to read the buffer using this tool.. heres what i got

Image 4239

Buffer Reader For MT5.ex5   ( EA from mql 5 market Download the 'Buffer Finder Tool' Trading Utility for MetaTrader 4 in MetaTrader Market (mql5.com))

theres 7 buffer 0.1.2.3.4.5.6
only buffer 0 & 2 filled with price number, other buffers filled with same round number
so i guess the buffer i must use must be 0 & 2
trying to input those buffer in test
heres what i got

- type : disable  ( there are buy and sell directly on the market hehe ) as pic below

Image 4241

- type : on arrow : only buy

Image 4242

- type : on new arrow ( NO Open Order )
- type : in the direction.... ( only BUY )

- type : on line cross... ( no Open Order )

- type : on line position ... ( No Open Order )

hehe.. i dont know where i got it wrong.. lol

using fxdreema trying to look for the buffer make me more confuse its said only 2 buffer ( 0 & 1 ) lol...

Image 4243