[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

Tarso Mastella

Hi Andrey, I am aligned what Rubens mentioned above, we actually discussed together. He is member of the group I mentioned on previous reply. Rubens has more knowledge on mql5 programming than I.
I have programming skills but on other languages.

Thanks for your dedication to this project. I have been able to make consistent gains snice Feb/2022 and ready to start making regular donations.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Rubens Oliveira

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for starting working on it!

I would suggest to add "colors" as a signal buffer, as many indicators have this type color arrays.

Indicator name should be able to read the path (if other path than "Indicators" root folder which should be he default.

Please connect this "universal" indicator plugin to the open trades section, since it would be VERY useful to be able to use the external indicator to open the martin or close, for instance.

And finally, I beg your pardon if it is too much, to add a second "universal" indicator plugin in the CP, as I foresee people will immediately ask you to add it (including myself) when the first one is ready :-)

With this option, the CP will become equally outstanding as the best EA which use this new feature!

Thanks a lot!

Color buffer, indicator path and all ".... on" functions are accepted.

And yes, I planned to add 2 custom indicator blocks from the beginning ;)

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Tarso Mastella

Hi Andrey, I am aligned what Rubens mentioned above, we actually discussed together. He is member of the group I mentioned on previous reply. Rubens has more knowledge on mql5 programming than I.
I have programming skills but on other languages.

Thanks for your dedication to this project. I have been able to make consistent gains snice Feb/2022 and ready to start making regular donations.

Sounds great! )

Ulises Cune

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for starting working on it!

I would suggest to add "colors" as a signal buffer, as many indicators have this type color arrays.

Indicator name should be able to read the path (if other path than "Indicators" root folder which should be he default.

Please connect this "universal" indicator plugin to the open trades section, since it would be VERY useful to be able to use the external indicator to open the martin or close, for instance.

And finally, I beg your pardon if it is too much, to add a second "universal" indicator plugin in the CP, as I foresee people will immediately ask you to add it (including myself) when the first one is ready :-)

With this option, the CP will become equally outstanding as the best EA which use this new feature!

Thanks a lot!

Hello Rubens

_And finally, I beg your pardon if it is too much, to add a second "universal" indicator plugin in the CP, as I foresee people will immediately ask you to add it (including myself) when the first one is ready :-)_

I believe that a second indicator would not be necessary, since with the first, it could be programmed to add the second.
I think it would be good to publish an example code of an indicator, for example, the "SuperTrend" to have as a template and from there to be able to create other indicators

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Ulises Cune

Hello Rubens

_And finally, I beg your pardon if it is too much, to add a second "universal" indicator plugin in the CP, as I foresee people will immediately ask you to add it (including myself) when the first one is ready :-)_

I believe that a second indicator would not be necessary, since with the first, it could be programmed to add the second.
I think it would be good to publish an example code of an indicator, for example, the "SuperTrend" to have as a template and from there to be able to create other indicators

2nd indy can be used for martin, for example. Or for close signal.

Rubens Oliveira
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

2nd indy can be used for martin, for example. Or for close signal.

Hi Andrey, exactly! You were right on the mark :-)

Many trading systems use different indicators to add positions or close them. Moreover, some basic indicators we already have on CP were updated or modified, and with the external indicator plugin we can use these newer versions without having to update the CP Itself.

Another use of the external indicator plugin, when you have two or more, is that you can plug the indicator and have the signal on more than one TF, so it becomes multi TF. Same can be done with the indicators already built in in the CP, you can make them work on 3 different TFs, just by plugin them again on the external indicator slots.

So this new feature will be very very useful!

gideon maina

Hi Andrey, exactly! You were right on the mark :-)

Many trading systems use different indicators to add positions or close them. Moreover, some basic indicators we already have on CP were updated or modified, and with the external indicator plugin we can use these newer versions without having to update the CP Itself.

Another use of the external indicator plugin, when you have two or more, is that you can plug the indicator and have the signal on more than one TF, so it becomes multi TF. Same can be done with the indicators already built in in the CP, you can make them work on 3 different TFs, just by plugin them again on the external indicator slots.

So this new feature will be very very useful!

Cant agree more ,very good fine tuned indicator exist that have entry and exit ,they can compliment with CP easily and nicely.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi

First beta is ready — https://t.me/CommunityPowerNews/39

Ulises Cune

SuperTrend - indicator for MetaTrader 5

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/576

Copy this file to "MQL5\Indicators"

supertrend.ex5

The indicators Parameters are:

Config parameters in CP

CP 2.49.2.1 CustomIndyTest_Supertrend.set

Try other indicators and share the configuration.

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
  • Completed

Dear communtiy!

I've made this feature even more flexible and powerful:

• [+] "On new arrow (non empty after empty)" mode
  • [+] "Color buffer number" and "Color index" to filter signals in all modes
  • [+] "Buy max/min level" / "Sell max/min level" to filter signals in all modes
  • [+] "Allow negative and zero values" for correct oscillators work
  • [*] "In the direction of the last arrow" can allow both signals
  • [+] "Custom label" to make your GUI and logs more understandable

Please, test it with your indicators and let me know what we can improve further.

Attached set contains example strategy with MACD <> 0 as a filter, and Stoch cross 80/20 as an entry signal.

Make sure you saved iMACD.ex5 from the google drive to your "MQL5\Indicators\" folder, and "MQL5\Indicators\Examples\Stochastic.ex5" is also present. 

Share your indicators and set-files to help others! And I'll work on documentation to help you understand new parameters ;)

CommunityPower_2.49.2.2.ex5
CommunityPower_2.49.2.2_Custom_MACD_Stoch.set