[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

David

Can anyone who is knowledgeable about this kindly take a look at this? This is a Hull Moving Average indicator shared by the author on MQL5. Each time I load it on CP, it causes CP to crash. 

EA HMA Color Custom.mq5

Ulises Cune
Quote from David

Can anyone who is knowledgeable about this kindly take a look at this? This is a Hull Moving Average indicator shared by the author on MQL5. Each time I load it on CP, it causes CP to crash. 

EA HMA Color Custom.mq5

Hello, this is not an Indicator, it is an Expert Advisor(EA).

You have the HMA indicator in CP.

David
Quote from Ulises Cune

Hello, this is not an Indicator, it is an Expert Advisor(EA).

You have the HMA indicator in CP.

Hello Ulises. Thank you for the reply.

But the problem I am having with the HMA/MA in CP is that It does not work with the close of the candle.

So I found another HMA indicator that works like the first one I posted. It works based on colour change. I tried different settings till I got this one in the screenshot below. It just stays on a buy signal, when I switch the numbers in the settings it just stays on a sell signal.

Can you please take a look at this? 

HMA5.ex5

Ulises Cune
Quote from David

Hello Ulises. Thank you for the reply.

But the problem I am having with the HMA/MA in CP is that It does not work with the close of the candle.

So I found another HMA indicator that works like the first one I posted. It works based on colour change. I tried different settings till I got this one in the screenshot below. It just stays on a buy signal, when I switch the numbers in the settings it just stays on a sell signal.

Can you please take a look at this? 

HMA5.ex5

Sorry I don't have a license

I imagine you are using this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/17345?source=Site+Market+MT5+Indicator+Free+Search+Rating006%3aHMA

I'll try

Ulises Cune

Hello David,

Try this configuration. The indicator repaints, so it is better to use "closed candlestick=true"

EURUSD_1000USD_HMA5.set

David
Quote from Ulises Cune

Hello David,

Try this configuration. The indicator repaints, so it is better to use "closed candlestick=true"

EURUSD_1000USD_HMA5.set

Hello Ulises,

Thank you!! I really appreciate it.

nigel faria

Image 3829

Image 3830

Can anyone tell me the correct buffer settings for Platinum Candle Indicator. The settings I’ve used only give a buy signal. Any help would be appreciated 

Sai Pratap

@Nigel, U need to share the indicator. Screenshots wont help anyone.

nigel faria
Quote from nigel faria

Image 3829

Image 3830

Can anyone tell me the correct buffer settings for Platinum Candle Indicator. The settings I’ve used only give a buy signal. Any help would be appreciated 

Platinum Candle Indicator.ex5

I resolved it last night.........it is 1 2 5 6 0 0

nigel faria
Quote from Sai Pratap

@Nigel, U need to share the indicator. Screenshots wont help anyone.

I resolved it last night thank you... it was 1 2 5 6 0 0

Platinum Candle Indicator.ex5