[Feature]: add 3rd party custom indicator signals to decision matrix for entry/exit

• updated
  • Completed

Hi,

one thing I miss is the possibility to add custom indicator signals to the entry/exit decision matrix.

Conceptually, one could at 1-n slots for custom indicators - the user has to provide following components via settings:

• File path to indicator file (i.e. relative to MQL<4|5>\Indicators)
  • path to a settings file for the custom indicator - this .set file is read in and its key/value pairs are parsed, so the custom indicator call (iCustom) can be done using these settings
  • 2 or 3 formula fields for evaluating green/red condition to add to the decision matrix (like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, red: $buffer0 < 0.2 or combined formulas like green: $buffer0 > 0.75, $buffer1 != EMPTY_VALUE) - these comma-separated formulas can then be evaluated inside the EA to come to a conclusion about the custom indicator values' contribution to the overal entry/exit decision of the EA

Feel free to add critics/further ideas/conceptual enhancements etc. - we can also have a telegram (https://t.me/frankg74)

Greetings from Munich/Odesa,

Frank

naziil
Quote from Andrey Khatimlianskyi

Try to use another buffer number. Maybe description is not correct.

It worked. Thank you.

Ulises Cune
Quote from naziil

It worked. Thank you.

Could you tell how the configuration worked for you?

naziil
Quote from Ulises Cune

Could you tell how the configuration worked for you?

Google Translate

The indicator above is

Adjusting the buffer number,

Buy / Sell maximum level invalid,

Allow negative and zero values: False,

Open a transaction with an individual signal,

It worked with. The color was irrelevant for that indicator.

We are currently testing with other indicators as well.

PS: Your program has always helped. Thank you.

Ulises Cune
Quote from Ulises Cune

SuperTrend - indicator for MetaTrader 5

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/576

Copy this file to "MQL5\Indicators"

supertrend.ex5

The indicators Parameters are:

Config parameters in CP

CP 2.49.2.1 CustomIndyTest_Supertrend.set

Try other indicators and share the configuration.

CP Version 2.49.3.3 with SuperTrend

EURUSD_1000USD_SuperTrend_2.49.3.set

Tarso Mastella

Great Job Andrey. It is working great on my backtests!
Soon I may go live with some custom indy.

Rubens Oliveira

Dear communtiy!

I've made this feature even more flexible and powerful:

• [+] "On new arrow (non empty after empty)" mode
  • [+] "Color buffer number" and "Color index" to filter signals in all modes
  • [+] "Buy max/min level" / "Sell max/min level" to filter signals in all modes
  • [+] "Allow negative and zero values" for correct oscillators work
  • [*] "In the direction of the last arrow" can allow both signals
  • [+] "Custom label" to make your GUI and logs more understandable

Please, test it with your indicators and let me know what we can improve further.

Attached set contains example strategy with MACD <> 0 as a filter, and Stoch cross 80/20 as an entry signal.

Make sure you saved iMACD.ex5 from the google drive to your "MQL5\Indicators\" folder, and "MQL5\Indicators\Examples\Stochastic.ex5" is also present. 

Share your indicators and set-files to help others! And I'll work on documentation to help you understand new parameters ;)

CommunityPower_2.49.2.2.ex5
CommunityPower_2.49.2.2_Custom_MACD_Stoch.set

Dear Andrey, I am trying to programm an indicator and I created two buffers, one for buy and one for sell. I fill up the buffers with 1 if there is a signal, and leave it empty if there is none, so I can use the On Arrow type of signal (non_empty buffer) at the Custom Indy configuration. However, what does CP interpret as being "empty"? Zero, the double var max (which is 1.7976931348623158e+308 that is set via EMPTY_VALUE), or something else? Could you please clarify it? Thanks!

Belpu Prajwal Rao

Can someone help me to use this iCustom to implement the following:
Suggestion to implement Donchian channel - breakout strategy / CommunityPower EA (userecho.com)
Using our CP EA?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Rubens Oliveira

Dear Andrey, I am trying to programm an indicator and I created two buffers, one for buy and one for sell. I fill up the buffers with 1 if there is a signal, and leave it empty if there is none, so I can use the On Arrow type of signal (non_empty buffer) at the Custom Indy configuration. However, what does CP interpret as being "empty"? Zero, the double var max (which is 1.7976931348623158e+308 that is set via EMPTY_VALUE), or something else? Could you please clarify it? Thanks!

You can use both EMPTY_VALUE and 0. Look at this option:

Rubens Oliveira

You can use both EMPTY_VALUE and 0. Look at this option:

Thanks Andrey! I can assume then, that if I set this option as “true”, the CP will be looking for the EMPTY_VALUE constant as empty value. Correct?

Andrey Khatimlianskyi
Quote from Rubens Oliveira

Thanks Andrey! I can assume then, that if I set this option as “true”, the CP will be looking for the EMPTY_VALUE constant as empty value. Correct?

Yep, with True, only EMPTY_VALUES will be ignored.

With False, all values <= 0 will be also skipped.